Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Packers 2015 Offseason News and Notes non Draft non FA Edition

Robert Zizzo @robertzizzo ยท May 20
    #Packers agree to deal with 3rd-round draft pick @TyMontgomery2. http://pck.rs/1efLK1G
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 22m22 minutes ago
    The #Packers have signed Northwest Missouri State cornerback Travis Manning (5-11, 196) and announce Ty Montgomery has signed his deal
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 7h7 hours ago
    Just confirmed @RobDemovsky's report that Packers area scout Lee Gissendaner is now national college scout for NY Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 7h7 hours ago
    Just confirmed @RobDemovsky's report that Packers area scout Lee Gissendaner is now national college scout for NY Jets.
    Good for him. Nice to see members of the Packers front office being recognized for their success.

He has been in GB a long time. It is a real loss, as he was reported to be one of the real solid scouts that have made the Packers so successful. But, the packers seem to find (or develop) good scouts one after another, and the history of Packer scouts moving on to bigger and better things will attract the good ones to GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Good for him. Nice to see members of the Packers front office being recognized for their success.

He has been in GB a long time. It is a real loss, as he was reported to be one of the real solid scouts that have made the Packers so successful. But, the packers seem to find (or develop) good scouts one after another, and the history of Packer scouts moving on to bigger and better things will attract the good ones to GB.
    Maybe he's got a son the Packers can hire. Did you notice this year that Elliot Wolf was more front-and-center than ever before? He's certainly rising through the ranks.

I don't know if it's the quality of the scouts or the intensity of focus throughout the organization, but the Packers seem to scour the bushes more thoroughly than other organizations - there they go again, this time signing another corner who'd been in two other teams' rookie camps. Of course, the vast majority do not end up on the team, and fewer still as significant contributors, but in a game whose rules are based on achieving parity, any talented stone you can unearth is an advantage.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Just because.

That one never gets old. Thanks for that. Refresh my memory, why did he get 86'd? He punch a coach or something?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Just because.

Ahhh, I remember that one well. Too bad I deleted my photo bucket account...

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...=wayne+simmons
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    That one never gets old. Thanks for that. Refresh my memory, why did he get 86'd? He punch a coach or something?
    Holmgren thought he was unstable and was't a fan.

Holmgren thought he was unstable and was't a fan.
    He was unstable. I thought that was part of the point.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Apropos of International Fรบtbol only, I am pretty sure the guy in charge of Reuters headlines and Twitter has been trolling Sepp Blatter for two straight days.

Things like this:

ReutersBreakingviews ‏@Breakingviews 60m60 minutes ago
    The Sepp Blatter guide to executive survival: http://reut.rs/1LLFtG5 @robertspcole #FIFA

Doug Farrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 1h1 hour ago
    Per @PFF_Steve (thanks for the data, man!), NFL teams had 5 or more DBs on the field on 60% of plays. 4 DBs on 38.2%. Slot CBs are starters.

UNSOUND!

Those rough and tumble Seahawks were in nickel 49% of the time.

Casey Hayward gets some love too: http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/05/27/hid...-casey-hayward

Speaking of unsound, I just got a chill thinking about the Steelers playoff loss to Tebow and how it mirrored the Packers lost to the Seachickens in some ways.

Wilson is more than Tebow, but the similarities of their best routes and throws, and the manner in which LeBeau and Capers attacked their O just gave me great pause.

They are all signed.

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 5h5 hours ago
    #Packers signed 1st round pick Damarious Randall.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    He was unstable. I thought that was part of the point.
    Me too. I honestly thought Simmons was either either straight-up crazy or mean as a scorned woman. That was the appeal of watching him...you never knew if he was going to pull a gun out and shoot someone a la "Last Boy Scout" or just drag a RB by the arm and lift him up so he could throw him down with more force. IN THE METRODOME.

In this day he probably would have been dinged a couple of rounds and drafted later for failing the psych tests. I kind of miss him.

I think the defense could use one guy like him....funny, I don't remember him getting stoopid penalties for late hits like some guys do. He seemed smart, just effin' crazy. Be fun to see Marshawn Lynch try to run through him.

KYPack

I think the defense could use one guy like him....funny, I don't remember him getting stoopid penalties for late hits like some guys do. He seemed smart, just effin' crazy. Be fun to see Marshawn Lynch try to run through him.
    Even as recent as then, officiating wasn't as nit-picky as now on late hits or the type of tackle made. Continuing after the whistle to finish a tackle was tolerated if not excessively late or excessively rough. What was done to get a guy to the ground wasn't scrutinized except for face mask grabbing. The "horse-collar" tackle was OK until 2005. Illegal contact rules in pass coverage were more lax than today. If rules and enforcement had been the same then as now, I think he would have gotten a lot of penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Even as recent as then, officiating wasn't as nit-picky as now on late hits or the type of tackle made. Continuing after the whistle to finish a tackle was tolerated if not excessively late or excessively rough. What was done to get a guy to the ground wasn't scrutinized except for face mask grabbing. The "horse-collar" tackle was OK until 2005. Illegal contact rules in pass coverage were more lax than today. If rules and enforcement had been the same then as now, I think he would have gotten a lot of penalties.
    True - unless he would have been able to modify his style. I'm not sure if he could have, but perhaps he could. He'd have had to learn how to hit in the particular way this is acceptable now.

But he still coulda blown up Marshawn Lynch.

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    True - unless he would have been able to modify his style. I'm not sure if he could have, but perhaps he could. He'd have had to learn how to hit in the particular way this is acceptable now.

But he still coulda blown up Marshawn Lynch.
    I woulda been content if he stayed on the field with four minutes left
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 26s27 seconds ago
    #Packers have signed TE Harold Spears and released CB Travis Manning: http://pckrs.com/yz8l