Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Packers 2015 Offseason News and Notes non Draft non FA Edition

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 26s27 seconds ago
    #Packers have signed TE Harold Spears and released CB Travis Manning: http://pckrs.com/yz8l
    Interesting that they released Manning, since I think they still have an open roster spot from the guard they released a few days ago. Are they waiting for Bush to pass his physical to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Interesting that they released Manning, since I think they still have an open roster spot from the guard they released a few days ago. Are they waiting for Bush to pass his physical to fill it?
    Bush is talking to other teams, I doubt they are holding his spot.

Packers signed Randall after dropping guard Reed. If draft picks don't count in the 90 man roster until they are signed, then they might still be at 90.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bush is talking to other teams, I doubt they are holding his spot.

Packers signed Randall after dropping guard Reed. If draft picks don't count in the 90 man roster until they are signed, then they might still be at 90.
    They included Randall before. I'm quite sure they are at 89.
    I was kidding about Bush, since some have been waiting for him to be gone for years.

There really isn't much reason to sign anyone right now just to fill a spot. If there is someone you want to see, sure; but with nothing happening for the next 6 weeks TT might be content with keeping a spot open in case a position is thin at the start of camp and they need a camp body to fill it. There always seems to be a couple guys who injure themselves just before camp opens, and they are mostly spectators at the start of camp.

How healthy were the Packers starters (Top 22 in number of starts)? Second most starts in the League.

http://www.footballperspective.com/g...p-22-starters/

Cowboys 14.5
    Packers 14.4
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    The Packers have had success when they've been the most injured team in the league as well. Rodgers is the obvious killer but they seem to have the depth and ability to overcome injuries pretty much everywhere else.

Peter King: http://mmqb.si.com/2015/07/20/nfl-tr...ng-schedule/2/

Green Bay: Damarious Randall, defensive back. Don’t know if he’ll play cornerback (where he’ll start camp) or safety, but I’m betting corner, after the losses of Davin House and Tramon Williams in free agency. Green Bay needs a playmaker in the secondary. That’s what Randall was drafted to be.
    If he is playing safety, then something catastrophic has happened to one of the starters, given the needs at CB. I think Peter is getting his depth chart info from Athlons.

King again: http://mmqb.si.com/2015/07/20/nfl-tr...ng-schedule/4/

Green Bay wideout Jared Abbrederis at 24
    Second link takes you to this (copy editor should get a talking to). I don't know what to say about a man who tries to guess who has decisive role in one play at the Super Bowl before training camp starts. On the other hand, King may just have cursed Magic with some Bostick residue.

26. Jared Abbrederis, Wide Receiver, Green Bay Packers

No, we’re not really arguing that a 2014 fifth-round pick who spent his rookie year on injured reserve will be one of the most influential figures in the NFL this season. But think about it: At this point last summer, could anyone have foreseen that an undrafted Division II defensive back, who’d lingered on the Patriots practice squad and wasn’t far removed from a stint at Popeyes, would make the decisive play in Super Bowl 49? Or that a third-string Green Bay tight end with nine career catches would swing the NFC Championship Game with one flash of bad judgment and a pair of slippery hands? Every year some anonymous player—Super Bowl hero Malcolm Butler, NFC title game goat Brandon Bostick—plays a major role in a significant game, emerging from out of nowhere to stamp his imprint on the season, for good or bad. In past years it has been Malcolm Smith, Kyle Williams, David Tyree, Larry Brown, Timmy Smith. In 2001, a scrawny second-year backup QB stepped in for the injured starter in Week 2 and proceeded to lead his team to a Super Bowl victory. So take a bow, Jared Abbrederis: In the eyes of The MMQB, you stand for all the unknown, unsung battlers in the NFL—one of whom, we guarantee, will take his place in football history at some point in the 2015 season.

If he is playing safety, then something catastrophic has happened to one of the starters, given the needs at CB. I think Peter is getting his depth chart info from Athlons.
    Good ole Athlons.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Good ole Athlons.
    Speaking of which, I need to run out and buy a magazine to get ready for fantasy football.

Brandfather?

Aaron Rodgers has a stake in, and will presumably be shilling for, a high-end Beef Jerky company.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...pairing-811758

Everyone on the planet, including me, is going to think that is Aaron Rodgers for a couple of minutes.