Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers 2015 Offseason News and Notes non Draft non FA Edition

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    you could try listening to music
    Burned out on music radio a long time ago. After that burned out on talk radio. I need to switch to satellite.

Or drive less.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I need to switch to satellite.

Good luck with that
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

That skit was fantastic. The pleading to come home, those mobile satellite uplinks are heavy.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Does anyone remember an elbow or bicep injury for Matthews? Was this pic from this year?

Ya, I think he was on the injury list for his bicep at one point. I think it happened in practice.

December 17:

T Bryan Bulaga (concussion, did not practice)
    CB Davon House (shoulder, did not practice)
    RB Eddie Lacy (eye, limited participant)
    G T.J. Lang (ankle, limited participant)
    LB Clay Matthews (biceps, limited participant)
    OLB Mike Neal (abdomen, limited participant)
    OLB Nick Perry (shoulder, limited participant)
    G Josh Sitton (toe, did not practice)

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 9m9 minutes ago
    Peppers doesn't hit any of up to $2M in salary escalators, will make $9.5M in salary, Rstr bonus & W/O bonus in '15 http://pck.rs/1BuLiXa

Good lord is Mulumba big. And I think Clay is taking his Pitch Perfect movie co-stars to heart. He looks like Lang's younger brother.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I usually think of Hayward as not having outside speed, but he was 4.47 and Twill was 4.59. Haven't seen much of Hayward outside due to injury and seniority, so maybe it's just a matter of playing time. It seems the Packers are comfortable with where they are, so it must have something to do with Hayward, because Hyde isn't that guy.
    From GBPG:

Hayward's 40-yard dash time at the NFL scouting combine ranged from 4.53 seconds (the average hand-held time of his two 40s) to 4.57 seconds (his fastest electronic time), both of which are a little below average for his position. For instance, according to data from 1999 through 2014 compiled by Tony Villioti of the National Football Post, the average time for a cornerback at the combine is 4.48 seconds, based primarily on players' fastest electronic timing.

Same Article: http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...back/24876911/

The Packers also are paying for Thompson's chintzy handling of former cornerback Jumal Rolle, who last October signed from their practice squad to the Houston Texans' 53-man roster.

Rolle outplayed Goodson in training camp, but Goodson made the final 53 on potential. That's not uncommon in personnel decisions, and Goodson's concussion at the end of camp complicated matters. But what made no sense was Thompson leaving a spot open on the 53-man roster for nearly two weeks early in the season while Rolle still was on the practice squad.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Interesting about Hayward from the combine. That matches what I remember (he's slower) better than the 4.47 I found somewhere (pro day?).
    Packer have to draft bring in a corner or two. They are just too thin on the outside.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

According to NFL Draft Scout, Williams and Hayward both timed 4.57, but Williams set his time at his Pro Day--which are generally faster the times at the combine. (Williams didn't get a combine invite.) The article makes it seem like Williams is faster than Hayward, but I don't think that is the case--especially at this point in their respective careers.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    That's fucking sweet. Not many guys in the NFL who could do that. He needs to do that with a football over the goal post some day - soon.

Blog Entries
    I guess that's a 15 yard penalty now so scratch that.

Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky 3/18/15, 1:01 PM

Jamari Lattimore visits the Jets. #Packers likely to let him walk as they revamp their ILB position.
    http://es.pn/1ErppDW

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky 3/18/15, 1:01 PM

Jamari Lattimore visits the Jets. #Packers likely to let him walk as they revamp their ILB position.
    http://es.pn/1ErppDW
    I'm beginning to wonder if they will even have any ILBs when camp rolls around.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if they will even have any ILBs when camp rolls around.
    New ILBs.

If Dom can create a defense with 0-1 down linemen, he can create one without an ILB. Then we can all come here and bitch about how ineffective it is.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    If Dom can create a defense with 0-1 down linemen, he can create one without an ILB. Then we can all come here and bitch about how ineffective it is.
    so, you also see us pulling out a 1-2-8 look in the near future?