Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers 2015 Offseason News and Notes non Draft non FA Edition

Welker to GB?
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    New ILBs.

Yup, that's what I've been wondering. Mulumba? Neal? Perry? Elliot? Can one of them become a new breed of ILB?

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    If Dom can create a defense with 0-1 down linemen, he can create one without an ILB. Then we can all come here and bitch about how ineffective it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    so, you also see us pulling out a 1-2-8 look in the near future?
    Yes and then a 5-2-4 on the next down by substituting only 1 player.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Yes and then a 5-2-4 on the next down by substituting only 1 player.
    lol

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    UNSOUND!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Did I hit or miss with this one?

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 54m54 minutes ago
    Jed York on replacing Jim Harbaugh: We're focusing on our core strengths. I think we got away from that http://wp.me/p14QSB-9JBa

PackerRats.com ‏@PackerRats 36m36 minutes ago
    4 Core Strengths 1.Hiring unqualified HC 2.Overrating Trent Baalke 3.Psychotic Press Conf @profootballtalk 4.Pantsless team mtgs
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

PB, do you own Packerrats twitter? I mean, are you the exclusive poster?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

we have a twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    PB, do you own Packerrats twitter? I mean, are you the exclusive poster?
    we have a twitter?
    Yes to the second. For the first, Mad had the login and gave it to me to use. Not sure if he or anyone have/use it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    we have a twitter?
    I thought only the female of the species had a twitter???

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    I thought only the female of the species had a twitter???
    no, thats a twatter

McCarthy is from Pittsburgh, and therefore refers to both Twatters and Twitters and the Tweeter.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2m2 minutes ago
    Asked Woodson about CM3 move: Whats crazy is when I was here I used to try to urge Dom to use Clay a little bit more in other areas of field

He's just the best kibbitzer in the business.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...agency-winners

Biggest Offseason Winners (includes Pack):

Green Bay Packers

The Packers entered free agency with the potential of losing two essential cogs in their offense. Instead, not only did they retain Randall Cobb and Bryan Bulaga, they kept them both at a discount. In today's market, to get not one but two prime-time players to agree to take less money is unheard of. It. Just. Does. Not. Happen. Except, apparently, in Green Bay, where Aaron Rodgers plays his pipe and all step to his tune. The Packers watched two corners be overpaid on the open market and won't blink. They were built to handle those types of losses. Entering the draft, Green Bay will have a "glaring weaknesses" list so small you can fit it on a grain of rice. And let's not forget the rest of the NFC North helping to grow the grins in Green Bay: Detroit lost its best defensive player who tried to injure Rodgers last season; the Bears kept Jay Cutler as their quarterback; and the Vikings might trade the best running back in football. Oh, I'd say it was a darned good offseason for the Packers. Ted Thompson, sir, you lead one charmed life you son of a ... -- Kevin Patra
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 29m29 minutes ago
    Blandino: If a receiver doesn’t establish himself as a runner, he has to hold onto the ball through the ground.

Prediction: This won't help.

That was already the case, though.

i think so many people are so confused by the rule that the nfl can just say they fixed the rule, and most people wouldn't know any difference

Belichick speaks highly of McCarthy, now is time to read WAY too much into it.

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...&post_id=48551

“Well, I mean, first of all, I’d say Mike’s one of the best coaches in the league, one of the best coaches I’ve ever gone up against,” Belichick replied. “I’m sure whatever he’s doing is the right thing. I have a lot of respect for him. I’m sure whatever decisions he’s making for the Green Bay Packers are good ones and ones that he thinks are right. I personally wouldn’t question anything he does.”

“I’m just telling you, that’s what I think,” Belichick continued. “And I’d say since I’ve been with the Patriots, even going back to Cleveland, there’s been times where I’ve met daily with the offense, times where I’ve met daily with the defense, times that I meet with the quarterbacks, times that I meet with the special teams. It’s not the same every year, it’s not the same every week, so I do what I feel like is best for our football team.

“And I’m sure that’s what Mike’s doing – whatever that is. I don’t even know. Whatever it is. That’s the way I look at it.”

Cheat is basically saying: "Leave me the *uck alone, stop asking me questions about another team's decisions, and yeah a guy who wins most of his games and makes the playoffs all the time probably know what he's doing."

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Mel Kiper gives the Packers 2014 draft class a good grade but says they might have had the best Year 1 production out of any team.

Demovsky gives a summary: http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...ed-packers-win

Indicative of the way the Packers do business, a GBPG article called five of the class "redshirts," and suggested this year MM wants to see some of them break out. And not in a rash.

I found illuminating this quote on Kyri Thornton, contrasting him to Abbrederis:

'"I think Thornton has really turned the corner in the weight and conditioning part of it," he said. "And Jared is here every day. So, he just has to get stronger, a little bigger. Everybody felt great about the way he showed in spring and the training camp he was having. So, yeah, definitely. It won't be lack of work ethic, that's for sure.​"'

Turned the corner? In other words, he got his head out of his ass.

Nobody's talked much about Mike Pennel, but I wonder if he has an opportunity to start in GB, and if his potential will influence a decision about whether to bring back Guion or Raji or both.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack