Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers 2015 Offseason News and Notes non Draft non FA Edition

so, guion got busted for a pound of weed, a gun, and $200k in cash, and gets off with a $5,000 fine and no charges

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...criminal-case/

must be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Indicative of the way the Packers do business, a GBPG article called five of the class "redshirts," and suggested this year MM wants to see some of them break out. And not in a rash.

I found illuminating this quote on Kyri Thornton, contrasting him to Abbrederis:

'"I think Thornton has really turned the corner in the weight and conditioning part of it," he said. "And Jared is here every day. So, he just has to get stronger, a little bigger. Everybody felt great about the way he showed in spring and the training camp he was having. So, yeah, definitely. It won't be lack of work ethic, that's for sure.​"'

Turned the corner? In other words, he got his head out of his ass.

Nobody's talked much about Mike Pennel, but I wonder if he has an opportunity to start in GB, and if his potential will influence a decision about whether to bring back Guion or Raji or both.
    Weight and conditioning is usually more of an issue for 300+ lb. DT's than it is for wide receivers. Hopefully Thornton will get it together.

I would like to see them bring in Raji, Pennel and Guion and let the 3 of them battle it out for 2 spots.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    so, guion got busted for a pound of weed, a gun, and $200k in cash, and gets off with a $5,000 fine and no charges

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...criminal-case/

must be nice
    stellarperformance says:
    Mar 24, 2015 5:44 PM
    The gun was registered, the money was a payment from the Packers, and the smoke was confirmed as his weekly private consumption amount.
    LOL
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

wish i had a weekly private consumption amount

I mean, if you have a large entourage, it's conceivable you and your people could smoke it and you'd never sell any. Still, that's a lot of hash...

Seriously doubt even wist could consume that if he played golf all week.

But never mind that. Let's bring him back. I hope he is just in Stage 1 of the Drug Program. Might miss a suspension.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

Nobody's talked much about Mike Pennel, but I wonder if he has an opportunity to start in GB, and if his potential will influence a decision about whether to bring back Guion or Raji or both.
    He is a monster and if he gets the hang of playing with technique and a little discipline, he was play like a monster.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

EDIT:
    Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 18s19 seconds ago
    Again, I misunderstood what the Nelson injury was. It was his hip. Will clarify more in the blog in a little bit. #Packers

ORIGINAL POST:
    Jordy Nelson had surgery.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1h1 hour ago
    McCarthy says WR Jordy Nelson's knee surgery was a cleanup and took place after Pro Bowl. Said its 6-8 weeks and things went well. #Packers

Possible reason his production tailed off or was he simply drawing the lion share of coverage?

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1h1 hour ago
    Nelson's knee issue was not related to the surgery in 2013.
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-25-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 59m59 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
    #Packers coach Mike McCarthy on what's next for @ClayMatthews52 after ILB: "I think you move him to safety next."

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 59m59 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
    #Packers coach Mike McCarthy on what's next for @ClayMatthews52 after ILB: "I think you move him to safety next."
    How about ST? Perhaps he would cover/block the correct guy, and do it well.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Low Profile Rat Starter
    Should have said QB just to see how many tongues he could start wagging.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 5m5 minutes ago
    Also, Murphy said plans are in place to renovate old luxury boxes and convert them to open air capability. Said #Packers fans requested it.

#PackersFansAreNuts

Also, Murphy said plans are in place to renovate old luxury boxes and convert them to open air capability. Said #Packers fans requested it.

#PackersFansAreNuts

Reminds me of back in the 1990's someone actually floated the idea of the Packers putting a dome on Lambeau. Packer fans were up in arms against it. Someone wrote "You can give Packer fans 30 years of listless, pathetic football, but if you try to keep them warm and dry, that's going too far!"

#PackersFansAreNuts

old?

you mean the ones that are just 12 years old?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Reminds me of back in the 1990's someone actually floated the idea of the Packers putting a dome on Lambeau. Packer fans were up in arms against it. Someone wrote "You can give Packer fans 30 years of listless, pathetic football, but if you try to keep them warm and dry, that's going too far!"
    i've wondered why the roofs that they use in england haven't cought on in the US. makes it louder and a lot better then watching a game in a dome

something that keeps the rain and snow off the fans yet still lets all the light in

like so

or

old?

you mean the ones that are just 12 years old?
    Yep.

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...&post_id=48671

They are going to try to make the windows open AND add heating so the die-hards don't get too chilly.

They are going to try to make the windows open AND add heating so the die-hards don't get too chilly.
    Young man, are you trying to heat the whole neighborhood? Shut that door!

i've wondered why the roofs that they use in england haven't cought on in the US. makes it louder and a lot better then watching a game in a dome

something that keeps the rain and snow off the fans yet still lets all the light in

like so

Those things would cast from pretty weird shadows on the field at certain times.

Packers are expected to reveal new throwback uniforms soon.

Perhaps early 1950's version?