Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers 2015 Offseason News and Notes non Draft non FA Edition

Yep. Perry hasn't reached the heights I hoped he would but he hasn't been a bust either. And of course we always have this...even if it was taken away by a garbage flag.

Go PACK

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    That said Perry's not a full-blown bust either. He is way more useful on a football field than McClellan.
    So is my dead Grandmother.

Never draft a McClellan - those guys just don't have the desire to throw their full weight into the battle.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I posted elsewhere that I wonder if Perry has any more ceiling to rise to, or if he is what he is. he is, as 3rty 1 said, a useful player. He seems pretty stout against the run and he can bull rush a pass blocker into a QB, but he doesn't get many sacks and he can't cover his privates.

I wonder if he's working on a second move. I sometimes wonder if that Reggie swim move would suit him.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

I wonder if he's working on a second move. I sometimes wonder if that Reggie swim move would suit him.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Sex has been selling for a long, long time.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    That said Perry's not a full-blown bust either. He is way more useful on a football field than McClellan.
    Agree with that. I think Perry is actually more sound against the run than Clay and I would not be stunned if Perry/Neal in the lineup helped the run defense as much as Clay in the middle.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

That clip is his career in a nutshell. Unblocked, great hit on the QB and a forced fumble. All called back on a penalty.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wasn't that in a preseason game anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Wasn't that in a preseason game anyway?
    Perry's hit on Luck? Nope, week 5, 2012.

OTAs and Minicamp Dates, some available to public: all via packers.com

Offseason workouts for the Packers will begin on April 22, with OTAs slated for May 28-30, June 3-5 and June 10-13. Teams are allowed to conduct a total of 10 OTAs. The mandatory minicamp, which will conclude the offseason program and lead into the final break before training camp, will be from June 17-19. Training camp starts July 26, players report on the 25th.

Open to the public:
    OTAs on May 29, June 3 and June 10, slated for 11:30 a.m. each day, will be held at Ray Nitschke Field and be open to the public, weather permitting. The three-day mandatory minicamp, slated for June 17-19, also will be at Nitschke Field and open to the public, though the exact schedule for the minicamp has not been announced.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Agree with that. I think Perry is actually more sound against the run than Clay and I would not be stunned if Perry/Neal in the lineup helped the run defense as much as Clay in the middle.
    Oh it did for sure and I believe thats a reason they reach early for an ILB because they liked what they saw with that package.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1m1 minute ago
    It's official: the #Packers did not execute OLB Nick Perry's fifth-year option. He will be a free agent in '16. Not a surprising move.

Defense of the '11 and '12 drafts comes at a high cost.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1m1 minute ago
    It's official: the #Packers did not execute OLB Nick Perry's fifth-year option. He will be a free agent in '16. Not a surprising move.

Defense of the '11 and '12 drafts comes at a high cost.

No surprise at all here and a good move by GB
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

the option would have paid nick around 7 million for next season. thats way to much for a guy who is basically a role player on the team. not terrible, but nowhere near a 7 million dollar a year guy

i would hope he continues to improve and the team resigns him in the 4-5 million dollars a year range

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Yep. Perry hasn't reached the heights I hoped he would but he hasn't been a bust either. And of course we always have this...even if it was taken away by a garbage flag.

helmet to shoulder of a QB is a personal foul in todays NFL

in fact, hitting the QB too hard at all, is a flag

The best thing is that the ref with the good angle on the play keeps his flag in his pocket. The ref with no sight angle at all goes right for the zebra tissue...

He should have caved in the side of his leg. That way he gets the sack and no flag.

Gotta play by the rules.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    the option would have paid nick around 7 million for next season. thats way to much for a guy who is basically a role player on the team. not terrible, but nowhere near a 7 million dollar a year guy

i would hope he continues to improve and the team resigns him in the 4-5 million dollars a year range

4-5 MIL ???
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    The best thing is that the ref with the good angle on the play keeps his flag in his pocket. The ref with no sight angle at all goes right for the zebra tissue...
    If you watch the big sideline video, you can see him dip his head and the ref behind that, which is visible from his side, goes for the flag. I wouldn't be surprised if the flag was for that and not the slide up/head forward contact between helmets after the hit.

I have always felt that if Luck's head hadn't whiplashed so violently, nothing would have been called. That made it look like a violent hit under his chin. Luck must not have seen him coming at all.