Thread: Josh Gordon tests positive for alcohol, faces one-year ban

Josh Gordon tests positive for alcohol, faces one-year ban

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-one-year-ban/

Josh Gordon tests positive for alcohol, faces one-year ban

Posted by Mike Wilkening on January 25, 2015, 4:08 PM EST

Comment woodbuck27:

I don't get this one. Josh Gordon gets tested and it's discovered that he has consumed alcohol ( a few beer or liquor ) and he receives a 1 year ban ! Does that seem fair?

I can see an offence where he breaks the Law and that being alcohol related ie a DUI but this seems severe to me.

I'm not sure at this time of all the details.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

He's a repeat offender. I think he was probably supposed to abstain from alcohol due to past offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He's a repeat offender. I think he was probably supposed to abstain from alcohol due to past offenses.
    That seems to me to be too much control over a mans life.

A person should be able to have a few drinks and as long as he does so within the LAW; why should the NFL interfere and punish? If I was Josh Gordon and there was any way I could possibly pull it off I'd be taking out a LAW SUIT on the NFL.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-25-2015 at 05:17 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    That seems to me to be to much control over a mans life.

A person should be able to have a few drinks and as long as he does so within the LAW; why should the NFL interfere and punish? If I was Josh Gordon and there was any way I could possibly pull it off I'd be taking out a LAW SUIT on the NFL.
    anddd.......

/career end

That seems to me to be too much control over a mans life.

Josh Gordon was going to be suspended for the entire 2014 season for repeat alcohol and drug violations. The NFLPA negotiated a new drug policy which resulted in his suspension being reduced to 10 games. I believe the alcohol testing was part of the negotiation.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Josh Gordon was going to be suspended for the entire 2014 season for repeat alcohol and drug violations. The NFLPA negotiated a new drug policy which resulted in his suspension being reduced to 10 games. I believe the alcohol testing was part of the negotiation.
    OK Thanks.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    From Cleveland to you:

jziggy 6 minutes ago
    So- where are the Johnny defenders???

I said before the draft - why would you bet on the midget, boozer, immature, allaboutme QB to be the leader of your team - and a role model for your star troubled WR????

Answer - you wouldn't... if you were smart.

I hope the party in Aspen with JM and JG was worth it. Must of been a Heck of a bash.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Still want him to succeed.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    As do I. Hard to be optimistic about it though. Some guys either have a lack of discipline, or they have an addiction they can't break.

well, hanging with johnny manzier aint the way to go, that's for damn sure.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Needless to say, Cleveland is about the LAST team that Gordon should be playing for if he ever has a chance to clean up his act...that team is a debacle from top to bottom.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Sounds like he needs some time in GB.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Needless to say, Cleveland is about the LAST team that Gordon should be playing for if he ever has a chance to clean up his act...that team is a debacle from top to bottom.
    Cleveland:

Makes a man just want to drink.

Cleveland:

Makes a man just want to drink.
    May I suggest a Great Lakes Brewery Christmas Ale?

Or a Blackout Stout to celebrate the great baby-maker of 2003

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Sounds like he needs some time in GB.
    Exactly. Then all these bitches who talk shit will be all about the SB talk. I say let him and whoever wants to smoke, drink, or whatever. On their own time is their business. Fuck the NFL trying to take some moral high ground. Who the fuck are they to even dare.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Exactly. Then all these bitches who talk shit will be all about the SB talk. I say let him and whoever wants to smoke, drink, or whatever. On their own time is their business. Fuck the NFL trying to take some moral high ground. Who the fuck are they to even dare.
    They're a business under constant attack. Ask yourself who is attacking and why.

As far as Gordon goes, regardless of what actions the NFL takes, he's messed up. Same for Manzier.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    They're a business under constant attack. Ask yourself who is attacking and why.

As far as Gordon goes, regardless of what actions the NFL takes, he's messed up. Same for Manzier.
    I'd classify this as self-inflicted though. Tagliabue was OK with the system the way it was. Goodall came in having either promised, or under marching orders, to eliminate potentially harmful headlines about player arrests. That's a concern over the value of the asset, and there had been no demonstrable loss of value at that point.

He then proceeded to go about it in the most comically inept fashion possible.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I'd classify this as self-inflicted though. Tagliabue was OK with the system the way it was. Goodall came in having either promised, or under marching orders, to eliminate potentially harmful headlines about player arrests. That's a concern over the value of the asset, and there had been no demonstrable loss of value at that point.

He then proceeded to go about it in the most comically inept fashion possible.
    I never said they handled anything well. Only that they are under attack. It's indisputable. Probably the NFL needs more commercials with people on the edge of tears, unable to speak for the horror inflicted by the NFL, the players of the NFL - indicate you are sorry, you are surrendering, you are self-flogging. People like that.

Kind of hypocritical of the NFL to put themselves on a moral pedestal. Yet take millions for floppy cock ads and beer ads...

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Kind of hypocritical of the NFL to put themselves on a moral pedestal. Yet take millions for floppy cock ads and beer ads...
    Made me think of Bob McGinn