Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
GB seems to be able to find WRs whenever they really need one. I'm not suggesting that Cobb would be easy to replace, nor that he can be replaced in kind, but history suggests that the Packers could find someone useful enough that the offense wouldn't be slowed appreciably, even if it would be different.

On the other hand, GB has gone through a long list of OL draft picks and FAs, and only now seem to have a complete group of 5 starters that are adequate. Barclay is coming back from an ACL injury and was mediocre at best before the injury. Tretter is a big question mark at any position, and particularly anywhere but center.

Both players have an injury history, even if Bulaga has missed more games. I don't see a huge difference there.

Since the OL has a profound impact on Rodgers in the passing game, and on the running game regardless, I would still go with Bulaga and be confident that they will find a pass-catcher good enough for the offense to continue at a high level.

I will admit to personal bias, because as many of you know, I consider highly paid WRs to be very much over-valued from a salary cap management perspective.
OK so if it goes your way and Randall Cobb signs with Seattle.

How would that make you feel? Doesn't your stomach turn over just a little bit?