Thread: If you could sign only one, would it be Bulaga or Cobb?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Just as Teddy replaced Greg Jennings with Randall Cobb, and James Jones with Davante Adams, and Jermichael Finley with Richard Rodgers, so he will replace Cobb with Jared Abbrederis or a 4th round draft pick to be named later, like Tyler Lockette of Kansas State.
    But that's not really what TT did. He signed Jennings, Jones, and Finley to deals after their rookie contracts were up. Cobb leaving now would break that mold. Draft & develop. Cobb is hitting his prime, not the TT way to let him walk now. He'll get the deal done.

Monday Feb. 09, 2015

Milwaukee- Wisconsin...Journal Sentinel

Which Packers free agent should be the team’s top priority?

Randall Cobb (70%)

Bryan Bulaga (27%)

Tramon Williams (1%)

Someone else (1%)

Total Responses: 3129
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    But that's not really what TT did. He signed Jennings, Jones, and Finley to deals after their rookie contracts were up. Cobb leaving now would break that mold. Draft & develop. Cobb is hitting his prime, not the TT way to let him walk now. He'll get the deal done.
    With the changes that we're now seeing in regards to offense and coaching /play calling. I'll be surprized if TT lets either leave Green Bay. As you posted TT is a draft and develop GM. Both of these players are TT success stories when he's had plenty of failures.

It's time for Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews to help out.To consider what restructuring their contracts will do to keep the Packers strong and to remain in the conversation for a Super Bowl. Take away Randall Cobb or in that case disagree with a representative Packer Nation Poll and you certainly hurt the Packer 'O'.

Ted Thompson and the Packer Powers should be looking at their quality QB and a five year window. Both of these Packers want to stay in Green Bay. Don't allow Randall Cobb to get away.

Here's the good news Packerrats.

Ted Thompson will find a way to sign Randall Cobb unless his price tag goes through the roof exceeding Packer CAP responsibility. Tick tock....the time is soon at hand and Free Agency 30 days away.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    ..... Edit ....

Here's the good news Packerrats.

Ted Thompson will find a way to sign Randall Cobb unless his price tag goes through the roof exceeding Packer CAP responsibility. Tick tock....the time is soon at hand and Free Agency 30 days away.
    Right now I'm not so sure that Ted Thompson will sign Randall Cobb.

Blog Entries
    you sign both....but due to health, age, and his upside I think you need to keep Cobb
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    you sign both....but due to health, age, and his upside I think you need to keep Cobb
    I don't think age is a consideration at all. Bulaga (March 21, 1989) is only 17 months older than Cobb (August 22, 1990). Both are very young for hitting free agency

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I don't think age is a consideration at all. Bulaga (March 21, 1989) is only 17 months older than Cobb (August 22, 1990). Both are very young for hitting free agency

Would it be fair to say WR's have a longer lifeline in the NFL ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Lifespan? I'd say that after QBs, OL have the longest career length. They don't have to worry about losing a step, and it's easier to maintain your strength as you get older. Veteran tricks are useful on the line, not so much in a footrace.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I don't think they do. A lot of older lineman. Not nearly as many old WRs.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.