Thread: If you could sign only one, would it be Bulaga or Cobb?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Randall Cobb on the formidable Seattle Seahawks is much more intimidating that Bryan Bulaga on the weak Chicago Bears.
    That may be, but I don't worry about who the other team has, only who "my" team has. Putting myself in the position of a GM (and I have been involved in player procurement for select teams in the past) I never worried about which players anyone else signed, because I can't control that. If we decided not to pursue a player, I never worried about another team that did. No point in it.

Let's say the Packers would need to offer Cobb $10M/year and Bulaga $9M/year to have a chance of retaining both. I have no clue what that would mean for their salary cap numbers. Does doing that mean they have to let both Williams and House go? Does it jeopardize their ability to re-sign Sitton next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    That may be, but I don't worry about who the other team has, only who "my" team has. Putting myself in the position of a GM (and I have been involved in player procurement for select teams in the past) I never worried about which players anyone else signed, because I can't control that. If we decided not to pursue a player, I never worried about another team that did. No point in it.
    Randall Cobb and Bryan Bulaga are both TT draft picks. Drafted and developed in the Packer system and both have to a more or less extent succeeded. Randal Cobb is a special player and offensive weapon who desires like Bryan Bulaga to remain with the team that drafted him.

We know that based on the past. Ted Thompson (by the channels that exists) will make an offer to them and see how they make out in Free Agency. I see that today TT has some real control and may offer each of these players appreciation. He can choose to make an offer that one/both may very well accept.

TT simply must get in gear and set his priorities..... yesterday. If you were the GM of this team wouldn't you have al that worked out?
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-28-2015 at 02:56 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau