Thread: If you could sign only one, would it be Bulaga or Cobb?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    The semi-scary part of this is those deals are now over. Usually, TT announces a contract extension or new deal before that happens. When our players hit FA, they are pretty much gone. Some guys make it to contract end and resign (Hawk? Neal?), but not many.

That may not hold in these cases, these are big multi-year deals which impact a big part of our salary make-up.

I really think we can only do one of these "big boys". One major deal and we will barely have room to address other players, the rooks (less of a problem now) and Peppers. The "we've got 35 million in room" is more of a phantom than people think.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    The semi-scary part of this is those deals are now over. Usually, TT announces a contract extension or new deal before that happens. When our players hit FA, they are pretty much gone. Some guys make it to contract end and resign (Hawk? Neal?), but not many.

That may not hold in these cases, these are big multi-year deals which impact a big part of our salary make-up.

I really think we can only do one of these "big boys". One major deal and we will barely have room to address other players, the rooks (less of a problem now) and Peppers. The "we've got 35 million in room" is more of a phantom than people think.
    Technically, Hawk, Bulaga, Jones and Shields have gotten to FA but re-signed. So its possible at that late date. Bulaga is the concern there. He might be the highest rated tackle and might attract very early, very dumb money. Cobb has more competition.

A lot might depend on what Peppers is willing to do to lower that number. You know Capers and M3 want the big guy back.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.