Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HC Mike McCarthy's Season Ending News Conference TODAY; Wed. 28 Jan. 2015 @ 1 PM CST

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    If you want to parse his words, I don't think he necessarily let Slocum off the hook with his words. Scheme is solid, execution lacking, but in the end it's results. If the current coordinator can't coach 'em up to get the results needed, get someone else who can.
    The $64,000 question is will Mike make a change with the ST coordinator now or not. I'm not holding my breath...

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Shawn Slocum was right there to blast Brandon Bostic when he got to the side line after Seattle's successful onside kick.

Slocum was irate !
    Problem is that a sideline blowup is ineffectual at that point. Everyone knew the cost. It needed to be driven home long before that.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    The $64,000 question is will Mike make a change with the ST coordinator now or not. I'm not holding my breath...
    I came away from MM's PC believing Slocum will be fired. He didn't make any excuses for the ST play, and pointed out how damaging it was. Regarding the fake fieldgoal TD he said "They had a better play called than we did".

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    the close race down the sideline is House, who may have not followed his responsibilities precisely. It does always fall to the coaches (and GM) though - coaches have to make certain the players know what they are supposed to do and execute. If they are forced to be working with sub-standard players who either physically or mentally can't do the job, then that goes up the chain to TT. Stubby typically doesn't like to blame players or coaches in a PC, but he does give hints!
    According to McGinn's special teams article where he has several quotes from Morton, House was supposed to rush the kicker and not contain. He pulls up or doesn't get a good jump and is therefore in a position to pursue Ryan instead of crashing the kicker. So House was out of position and because of that in a position to make a play.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    There is simply too much out there now for Mike McCarthy to ignore.

Mike McCarthy will FIRE Shawn Slocum and replace him for the 2015 Season.

This move is too obvious. It's way overdue.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I came away from MM's PC believing Slocum will be fired. He didn't make any excuses for the ST play, and pointed out how damaging it was. Regarding the fake fieldgoal TD he said "They had a better play called than we did".
    You might be right if you've got more of the context. I was just reading the tea tweets and they made it sound like Slocum might skate on the backs of players who "failed to execute".
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.