Thread: HC Mike McCarthy's Season Ending News Conference TODAY; Wed. 28 Jan. 2015 @ 1 PM CST

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Hawk, House, Bostick. Stubby is clearly blaming these guys
    He said it would have been a close race down the sideline. Not sure if he is talking House or Hawk, or both, there.

I would hope the idea that you can't get two vets who are usually in position to know where to be and how to execute, you would look at the coaching or emphasis on ST work.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He said it would have been a close race down the sideline. Not sure if he is talking House or Hawk, or both, there.

I would hope the idea that you can't get two vets who are usually in position to know where to be and how to execute, you would look at the coaching or emphasis on ST work.
    the close race down the sideline is House, who may have not followed his responsibilities precisely. It does always fall to the coaches (and GM) though - coaches have to make certain the players know what they are supposed to do and execute. If they are forced to be working with sub-standard players who either physically or mentally can't do the job, then that goes up the chain to TT. Stubby typically doesn't like to blame players or coaches in a PC, but he does give hints!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

the close race down the sideline is House, who may have not followed his responsibilities precisely. It does always fall to the coaches (and GM) though - coaches have to make certain the players know what they are supposed to do and execute. If they are forced to be working with sub-standard players who either physically or mentally can't do the job, then that goes up the chain to TT. Stubby typically doesn't like to blame players or coaches in a PC, but he does give hints!
    I agree its dependent on the players, but other teams have injuries, other teams have players that need extra reps or classroom time. This guy couldn't get PAT and punting line play in order over the course of a half season.

So either he is ineffective at getting the lesson across or M3 is not devoting effective time to the teaching.

Shortcomings linger too long and mistakes are repeated too often for him to be doing a good job. And I don't buy a talent argument considering how the offense and defense perform.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

According to McGinn's special teams article where he has several quotes from Morton, House was supposed to rush the kicker and not contain. He pulls up or doesn't get a good jump and is therefore in a position to pursue Ryan instead of crashing the kicker. So House was out of position and because of that in a position to make a play.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.