Thread: Greg Hardy's case dismissed

Greg Hardy's case dismissed

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...st-greg-hardy/

Sounds like she might've gotten paid off
    Person also reports that the prosecution has “reliable info” about a settlement between Hardy and Holder that appears to have persuaded Holder not to cooperate with the attempt to convict Hardy
    So the NFL's 'policy' on this sort of thing comes into question again - Hardy sat out the season, and at the end of it there is no conviction, a simple misdemeanor conviction, pretty hard to justify.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

And wow that was quick - NFL says "no conviction, no problem, he's still suspended, um, pending further review"
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...anged-for-now/

I have no thoughts on guilt/innocence, etc, but the NFLPA has to push for there to be an automatic removal of the suspension in the event of not guilty/charges dismissed outcome!
    --

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Guilty until proven unprotestable.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    And wow that was quick - NFL says "no conviction, no problem, he's still suspended, um, pending further review"

I have no thoughts on guilt/innocence, etc, but the NFLPA has to push for there to be an automatic removal of the suspension in the event of not guilty/charges dismissed outcome!
    RE: The Leagues position:

The formality of it and the Court System is now reduced at the (best/worst) you choose .... a 'she said Vs he said'.

The NFL has this but what does it say in terms of guilt? :

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmacr...-greg-hardy-2/

Eric Macramalla Contributor ...I cover sports law

SportsMoney 2/09/2015 @ 12:10PM

While Domestic Violence Charges Abruptly Dismissed,

NFL May Still Suspend Greg Hardy

Short of playing 'JUDGE' what's left but to remove the suspension on Greg Hardy.

He's I assume suspended with pay pending the outcome of a court case that won't happen as the facts are revealed today.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-09-2015 at 02:11 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

to me, reaching a deal outside of court = guilty

people just don't give other people money, its hush money, the act still took place. and imo, its the act that should be punished not the conviction

its like if a company makes a defective product that blows up in someones face and they sue for $100 million, the company settles out of court for 20 million to make sure the news doesn't go public, that doesn't mean the company didn't make a defective product

to me its an admission of guilt

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Guilty until proven unprotestable.
    You shouldn't be able to buy your way out of a punishment.

Not directly, anyway.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

people just don't give other people money, its hush money, the act still took place. and imo, its the act that should be punished not the conviction

its like if a company makes a defective product that blows up in someones face and they sue for $100 million, the company settles out of court for 20 million to make sure the news doesn't go public, that doesn't mean the company didn't make a defective product

This one doesn't even sound like a "settled out of court" thing. Sounds more like Hardy gave her a bunch of money and said "be out of town during all of February".
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

guilty or not, culpable or not, people pay hush money all the time, because the cost of bad press about a harmless product can be just as bad as a defective product. Just ask Dow Corning. Same goes for reputations, even moreso.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    You shouldn't be able to buy your way out of a punishment.
    of course not. But the NFL regardless will have to keep up at least the pretense of punishment until the agitators go away, if ever.

Nothing but a big mess. The NFL’s policy leads directly to this sort of outcome – the article insinuated she got half of his $13M this past year, and I wouldn’t doubt it.

Alternatively, they did say they can’t find her. I’m sure a small %age of that 13M would put her in a shallow grave, never to be heard from again. Are any of Hernandez’s hommies still running around?
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Nothing but a big mess. The NFL’s policy leads directly to this sort of outcome – the article insinuated she got half of his $13M this past year, and I wouldn’t doubt it.

Alternatively, they did say they can’t find her. I’m sure a small %age of that 13M would put her in a shallow grave, never to be heard from again. Are any of Hernandez’s hommies still running around?
    witness protection

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    witness protection

one of the greatest snl skits of all time

NFL says Greg Hardy’s status remains “unchanged,” for now

Posted by Mike Florio on February 9, 2015, 11:11 AM EST

Posted by Josh Alper on February 9, 2015, 2:30 PM EST

Comment
    woodbuck27:

It seems clear that Greg Hardy's day as a Carolina panther are over. He'll land with another organization.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...377/greg-hardy

" Hardy and Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul are the two best 4-3 defensive ends on the free agent market, and with pass-rushers always in demand, there will be plenty of attention. Buffalo’s Jerry Hughes will also draw considerable attention, but is a notch below the other two.

Two teams in the Panthers’ division (Atlanta and Tampa Bay) could conceivably make a play for Hardy, with glaring needs for the kind of pressure he can offer.... there will be others in the market as well, though they’ll have to consider what punishment might still be coming from the league..."
    Fr. PFT.Com
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-10-2015 at 08:44 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Or is it "Letting this go on is more damaging than $20 million money"? Sorry, but in a free society you don't get to simply decide that someone is guilty because they settled...I mean you can, as a matter of opinion, but punishing that person because you drew a conclusion based on how YOU might act is kinda...well, I delve into politics if I continue, so never mind. Guilty until the thought police who know whats in your mind decide you are not.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I also fully agree that people found with large sums of cash should have it seized by police because I assume its drug money. I mean, why else would someone be carrying 100k in cash other than illicit activity. No trial, just take it. Punish without due process. Greg Hardy should never play in the NFL again....Aarron Hernandez hasn't plead out yet though, so he is probably innocent.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.