Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raji re-signed...Now show me what you got!

Post Raji re-signed...Now show me what you got!

Per TomSilverstein

Packers NT B.J. Raji has accepted a deal to return to Green Bay, according to a source. Expected to be a one-year deal, could be incentives.

Part of the selling point to Raji was that he would be able to play a true NT position. Was at his best when he did that.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports...ce=twitterfeed

Last edited by Brandon494; 03-14-2014 at 03:06 PM.

part of the selling point was that no one else in the entire nfl wanted him

so, to sum up

we have now spent almost half of our available cap in order to keep together the defense that ranked dead last over the last half of the season, while not spending a single cent trying to fix or improve the defense

top notch

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 17m

Other teams interested in BJ Raji before he signed his deal with the #Packers? #Raiders and #Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    so, to sum up

we have now spent almost half of our available cap in order to keep together the defense that ranked dead last over the last half of the season, while not spending a single cent trying to fix or improve the defense

top notch
    Yea because its not like we had any injuries or anything.

When TT was about to sign the contract, I wonder if he asked Raji to "reach in the bag and pull out his wallet"

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

omg here we go

injuries, injuries, injuries, injuries, injuries

we didn't win the super bowl-injuries
    we were barely .500- injuries
    the defense sucks- injuries
    the defense looks confused-injuries
    hawk sucks-injuries
    raji sucks-injuries
    shaper raped a bunch of chicks-injuries
    we have no starting safety on the roster-injuries
    burnett can't figure out who to cover allowing game winning TD-injuries
    M3 can't adapt during games- injuries
    team rarely comes out fired up or prepared to play-injuries

we've been plagued by injuries for about 5 years now. at some point people really need to accept that injuries happen in football and good teams find a way to adapt

someone posted somewhere on here today a joke about TT and M3 trying to sign or draft injury prone guys so they always have in a built in excuse.

that joke might not be far from reality, because most fans are willing to swallow the injury excuse, hook-line ans sinker

We didn't have our best two players for half the season but yea lets just ignore the injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    We didn't have our best two players for half the season but yea lets just ignore the injuries.
    so the defense sucked because a-rod was injured

and mathews is the only guy that matters on defense

our defense was bad in 2012-injuries

defense is historically bad in 2011-injuries

quick giving the D and M3 and TT a free pass because some guys get injured every year. every team has injured players
    Last edited by red; 03-14-2014 at 03:23 PM.

Since he's still one of ours I hope he gets his act together and has a good upcoming year but in my opinion I would have let him walk. The guy has about 1 1/2 or 2 decent years out of 5 and the last two have been complete crap. I don't have much hope that he's all of a sudden going to find some heart and turn into an impactful player this year. (Again, I hope I'm wrong.) I just think that 4M could have been used to sign someone on D who could have made more of an impact. I guess we'll see. I'm not going to have a fit about it or lose any sleep but it's not what I would have done.

I like the signing. If he plays nose tackle, it will play to his strengths. Hopefully, he's been humbled and will work harder to get that fat contract next time.

Packers can now draft a NT to groom and get into the rotation.

I like it.

Don't worry Red. The defense will be better this year. TT's gonna surprise you and sign Chris Clemons and draft a safety in the first three rounds.

Well, okay, maybe he won't.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

and mathews is the only guy that matters on defense
    Nope, Hayward, Worthy, D. Jones, Perry, and Jolly also mattered but Clay just happens to be our best defensive player. I'm not saying the defense is perfect but FA is far from over and we still have the NFL draft. BTW which NT would you have signed over Raji in FA?

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    Since he's still one of ours I hope he gets his act together and has a good upcoming year but in my opinion I would have let him walk. The guy has about 1 1/2 or 2 decent years out of 5 and the last two have been complete crap. I don't have much hope that he's all of a sudden going to find some heart and turn into an impactful player this year. (Again, I hope I'm wrong.) I just think that 4M could have been used to sign someone on D who could have made more of an impact. I guess we'll see. I'm not going to have a fit about it or lose any sleep but it's not what I would have done.
    Pretty sure he was a stud his first 3 years in the league until we moved him to DE his last two seasons. BTW who would you have signed at NT instead of Raji?

Nope, Hayward, Worthy, D. Jones, Perry, and Jolly also mattered but Clay just happens to be our best defensive player. I'm not saying the defense is perfect but FA is far from over and we still have the NFL draft. BTW which NT would you have signed over Raji in FA?
    hayward is our #3 cb
    worthy his shit
    d.jones a rookie who chances are wasn't going to give you much this year any ways
    perry is shit
    jolly played almost the whole year, and the defense still sucked with him in there

which NT? someone that gives a shit when he's on the field and actually busts his ass. someone that tries

I like giving Raji a one year, show me contract and moving him back to NT.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

so if raji is our NT, does that mean no more pickett?

Pretty sure he was a stud his first 3 years in the league until we moved him to DE his last two seasons. BTW who would you have signed at NT instead of Raji?
    I don't think he had much impact his rookie year because he held out, only started one game and played somewhat sparingly, (2009). I thought his best year was 2010, he played okay in 2011, and he didn't do much at all in 2012 or 2013. (Everything I read on here says he plays 3 tech which is not a true DE. Personally I don't really care what you call it because most of the time football boils down to lining up, beating the man in front of you, and making a play.) I haven't seen Raji beating single team blocking for the past couple of years so I'm not sure how putting him at NT and expecting him to take on double teams and hold the point of attack is supposed to work.

I probably would have looked to either draft a true NT or sign a cheaper free agent. It's water under the bridge now so I'm not going to go back and research everyone who was or still is available but my opinion is that you could have either drafted or signed someone who can play just as well as Raji has, (or better) for less money. Like I said, we'll see and I hope he has a good year.
    Last edited by SMBASS; 03-14-2014 at 03:52 PM.

so if raji is our NT, does that mean no more pickett?
    Ideally I think they would rotate the 2 but money will probably dictate.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Well it can be said that when AR is in and the Pack run the score high other teams have to throw and our defense is put in the enviable position of not having to worry about the run and play in a formation that gets Wist hot and bothered to the point of autoeroticaphixation
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.