Thread: MCGINN STRIKES.....on..........The SlocuMELTDOWN

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Comment woodbuck27: Is it possible that Mike McCarthy can be a cold man?

When McCarthy fired Morton after five seasons, ......... he did it face-to-face without much explanation.

"I would have liked to have gotten more," Morton said. "I guess I wasn't doing my job good enough. I was definitely shocked by it.

"I definitely don't think so (he was deserving of blame). I had great rapport with all the guys. I gave them everything. I had their back and Shawn's back, and I'm proud of that."

Comment woodbuck27:

Like another Green Bay reject Jon Ryan; former Packer ST's Assistant Chad Morton landed in a good place.

For the record and rejected former Packer and now 'star' Seattle Seahawks punter Jon Ryan:

" Jon Ryan continued his consistent play, breaking his own Seattle Seahawks record for highest punting average in a season (46.6) and leading the NFL with a career-high 34 punts landing inside the 20, tying for the second-most in Seattle history.

Working with new kicker Steven Hauschka, he converted a career-high 25 of 30 field goals (.833) on the season... "

Was Chad Morton Shawn Slocum's last season (2013) scapegoat?

That's grown way beyond tired. I'm confident that Mike McCarthy must now FIRE Shawn Slocum.

Reading the article this stands out. A clear slap down was just waiting to happen. To actually act totally unaware of 'this as a fact' is either stupidity or arrogance.

It was predicted at Packerrats that ST's would be the difference in the games result and not favorably for Green Bay. Was Mike McCarthy as aware? Confidence in any staff coaches ability shouldn't negate a full awareness of what is really (actually) going on.

Mike McCarthy has to be aware of Jon Ryan's athleticism. As the head Coach he should be aware of the fact with the Seattle offense doing little or nothing in that game. That just maybe the FG wasn't going to be enough. The possible fake should have been accounted for in terms of coverage.

Does Mike McCarthy really care about ST's results? If so why are the Green Bay Packers so consistently bad on ST's?

" In nine seasons under McCarthy, the Packers' special teams rank 30th overall in The Dallas Morning News' annual rankings. Seattle, in the last six years (five under Carroll and Schneider), ranks second." Fr. Article

This is damning information. Mike McCarthy has to simply be himself with Shawn Slocum. Walk up to him and announce:

Your FIRED!
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-29-2015 at 07:24 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau