Thread: MCGINN STRIKES.....on..........The SlocuMELTDOWN

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Slocum - gone

My guess is he's the guy who pushed for Morton to be fired last year after the dismal performance by ST. He felt he needed an assistant with more experience and technical knowledge to teach up his annually inexperienced crew. Now Morton returns the favor. No more scapegoating.

I think there's a good chance Capers is gone too, with an in-house promotion Whitt or Trgo.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Slocum - gone

My guess is he's the guy who pushed for Morton to be fired last year after the dismal performance by ST. He felt he needed an assistant with more experience and technical knowledge to teach up his annually inexperienced crew. Now Morton returns the favor. No more scapegoating.

I think there's a good chance Capers is gone too, with an in-house promotion Whitt or Trgo.
    I would be sort of stunned if Capers was gone. They seem to have built the defense back up and he did reasonably well this year with adjustments through the year. He's approaching the point where they've got enough guys with enough time in the system to really start making it fly. Now that he's got 2 real safeties and a decent DL, things are pointing up.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I would be sort of stunned if Capers was gone. They seem to have built the defense back up and he did reasonably well this year with adjustments through the year. He's approaching the point where they've got enough guys with enough time in the system to really start making it fly. Now that he's got 2 real safeties and a decent DL, things are pointing up.
    Mike McCarthy wouldn't dare get rid of Dom Capers.

McCarthy has an offensive side of the ball background and Capers does his thing. The only way Dom Capers is out of Green Bay is if he wants out.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau