Thread: Does Anyone Want To Blame The Defense?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    The players?? Some blame - Burnett's idiotic slide... dumb on top of stupid. No excuse for that.

But the collapse is, of course, on dunderdummy. His rush no one, and cover no one on 3rd and 21 was the beginning of the end. Until that point, he was Dr. Jekyl... of course, Mr. Hyde is always lurking just under the surface.

When will you guys learn?? lol... the guy can't wait to go stupid, he can't wait to go soft, he can't wait to rush 3 and cover no one... it's who he is, and it's who he has always been.

Dunderdummy cannot be trusted - NEVER, EVER!!!
    Cover 0 blitz on the winning TD there sport.

It wasn't all Cover 2. Matthews out put Hawk onto field and that left the rush to the D lineman.

I agree that M3 has some influence on how D is played. But there weren't completely in a shell.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

It wasn't all Cover 2. Matthews out put Hawk onto field and that left the rush to the D lineman.

I agree that M3 has some influence on how D is played. But there weren't completely in a shell.
    Where was the safety help for Tramon Williams on the winning TD in OT?

That was a glaring error.

Had Dom Capers simply surrendered at that point?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Where was the safety help for Tramon Williams on the winning TD in OT?

That was a glaring error.

Had Dom Capers simply surrendered at that point?
    Cover 0 blitz was a big part of his blitz package when the Packers D improved over the second half of the year. He relied on perhaps his best position group on D to hold coverage while he doubled someone inside (Witten for instance) and sent more than 4 after the QB. It also gives you 9 closer to the box.

So no it wasn't surrender. But it was a very good audible by the QB.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Cover 0 blitz was a big part of his blitz package when the Packers D improved over the second half of the year. He relied on perhaps his best position group on D to hold coverage while he doubled someone inside (Witten for instance) and sent more than 4 after the QB. It also gives you 9 closer to the box.

and a perfect throw in the wind and rain
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I get it given the down and yardage for Seattle on the play preceding the TD play:

3-7-SEA 30 (12:36) (Shotgun) 3-R.Wilson pass deep right to 89-D.Baldwin to GB 35 for 35 yards (29-C.Hayward).

The next and final play was a 1st and 10:

To send that many to the line was like Texas Hold Em and a high risk 'All In' and not necessary. It was a bad defensive call and Dom Capers got burnt bad for it.

How bad was that?

It was bye bye Super Bowl. The entire season... the air let out of that PRONTO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I get it given the down and yardage for Seattle on the play preceding the TD play:

3-7-SEA 30 (12:36) (Shotgun) 3-R.Wilson pass deep right to 89-D.Baldwin to GB 35 for 35 yards (29-C.Hayward).

The next and final play was a 1st and 10:

To send that many to the line was like Texas Hold Em and a high risk 'All In' and not necessary. It was a bad defensive call and Dom Capers got burnt bad for it.

How bad was that?

It was bye bye Super Bowl. The entire season... the air let out of that PRONTO !
    It was a reasonable defensive call that worked out horribly. If you think about the way the game had gone, up to that point Wilson had completed very little and most of Seattle's yards were coming on the ground. With the wind and rain, an audible to a deep throw, even with single coverage (that had already led to 4 INTs) was a huge risk.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Problem is that the players mindset/downhill play had changed by that point. You can't get into that shell, then come out when you want to. Human emotion just doesn't work that way. In allowing that situation to become real, MM forced his players into a reactionary/softer mindset. It has an avalanche effect on players who are watching a lead evaporate and hoping the clock runs out. Once they lose that edge, you pretty much gotta wait til kickoff next game to get it back.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.