Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: SLOCUM IS GONE!

SLOCUM IS GONE!

Goodbye.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3m3 minutes ago
    McCarthy (1/2): I would like to thank Shawn for all of his contributions over the past 9 years. He was a positive contributor to our success

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2m2 minutes ago
    McCarthy (2/2): ... including helping us win Super Bowl XLV. We wish Shawn, Michelle and their family the best moving forward
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Press Release is short and bittersweet. You know this had to kill him. The Bob Sanders D guys were not his guys and initially he wanted Bates back. Slocum was one of his buddies.

Shawn Slocum released
    Posted 6 minutes ago

The Green Bay Packers have released special teams coordinator Shawn Slocum, Head Coach Mike McCarthy announced Friday.

“I would like to thank Shawn for all of his contributions over the past nine years,” McCarthy said. “He was a positive contributor to our success, including helping us win Super Bowl XLV. We wish Shawn, Michelle and their family the best moving forward.”

Beat me to it!

Bye bye - don't let the door hit you on the way out.

About time.
    C.H.U.D.

Where's the sacrificial lamb gif?

What's the over/under on number of people who thought "don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out"?

It only took throwing away an SB berth to bring this about. Yes, there were a lot of other things that went wrong 2 Sundays ago, but his squad's screwups were a big part of it.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    and the peasants rejoice!!!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Happy days are here again! Feels like the end of prohibition!!
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

DanoMac started a Fire Slocum thread in November of 2010~

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 5m5 minutes ago
    Zook was lead special teams coach for #Steelers from '96-'98. Seemed like Slocum was on notice when McCarthy hired Zook to be his asst.

Tom Oates ‏@TomOatesWSJ 2m2 minutes ago
    Asst. ST coord. Ron Zook, who came on board last year, seems like Packers' logical choice ... well, unless you saw his Illinois teams play.

If Zook was in Pitt. from 96-98, Capers wouldn't know him personally. He was the DC who brought a Championship D to Spurrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    DanoMac started a Fire Slocum thread in November of 2010~
    Yep. I started Fire Slocum threads in 2013-2015.

Shawn Slocum finally gone !

Packer fans are relieved.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 5m5 minutes ago
    Zook was lead special teams coach for #Steelers from '96-'98. Seemed like Slocum was on notice when McCarthy hired Zook to be his asst.

Tom Oates ‏@TomOatesWSJ 2m2 minutes ago
    Asst. ST coord. Ron Zook, who came on board last year, seems like Packers' logical choice ... well, unless you saw his Illinois teams play.

If Zook was in Pitt. from 96-98, Capers wouldn't know him personally. He was the DC who brought a Championship D to Spurrier.
    For FWIW the Steelers ranked 21st, 16th and 16th in Football Outsiders ST rankings from 1996-1998.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Are Hawk and Bostick gonna help him load the truck? nm, Hawk is too weak to lift couches, and Bostick would drop all the nice lamps.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Frabjous day!
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Are Hawk and Bostick gonna help him load the truck? nm, Hawk is too weak to lift couches, and Bostick would drop all the nice lamps.
    Jordy showed up to help. Slocum had a nice tiffany lamp that Jordy was supposed to carry out to the truck. And then Bostick grabbed it...

Now if they would get rid of Brad Jones as well, I would throw one hell of a party.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Jordy showed up to help. Slocum had a nice tiffany lamp that Jordy was supposed to carry out to the truck. And then Bostick grabbed it...
    A "fixed it fer ya" would be...

Bostick destroyed the lamp with his facemask.