Thread: SLOCUM IS GONE!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Edgar being mentioned reminds me of something I have been wondering. Any chance that the lifelong running back is having trouble teaching releases off the LOS by his receivers?

Jimmy Robinson, former WR coach, played the position and Driver and Jennings rarely had trouble releasing off the line, though as each aged, they also got to play more in the slot. Teams, including the Packers at times, go to great lengths to get off the line, but it seems to be more of a struggle these days.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Edgar being mentioned reminds me of something I have been wondering. Any chance that the lifelong running back is having trouble teaching releases off the LOS by his receivers?

Jimmy Robinson, former WR coach, played the position and Driver and Jennings rarely had trouble releasing off the line, though as each aged, they also got to play more in the slot. Teams, including the Packers at times, go to great lengths to get off the line, but it seems to be more of a struggle these days.
    Two comments:

First, I think part of the problem is that they are seeing more and more big cornerbacks, as teams realize they need bigger guys to go up against the big WRs that are becoming more common, and since teams like Seattle have proven that bigger cornerbacks can still be very effective, if you chose wisely.

The other comment I have is from an article near the end of the season. Maybe it was even after the Dallas game. Rodgers commented about Adams, and one thing he mentioned was how much he had improved in releasing off the LOS. I remember it, because I thought it was an especially good sign for a rookie WR adapting to play in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Not that I disagree, but who do you see struggling with the release? Cobb normally gets off pretty good, but he has the advantage of normally being in the slot. Nelson gets tied up from time to time. After Adams the other WR were so worthless I can't even really grade them.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Not that I disagree, but who do you see struggling with the release? Cobb normally gets off pretty good, but he has the advantage of normally being in the slot. Nelson gets tied up from time to time. After Adams the other WR were so worthless I can't even really grade them.
    Slot guys have an easier time with the release. Thinking about Jordy mainly and Boykin as well. Can't say I know about Adams yet. Mostly the struggle with getting open early versus tight man.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.