Well, I guess we'll see how they feel about ol' Zooker as a replacement candidate. I thought it was a bit of a weird move by both Zook and the Packers when he was hired. You typically don't see someone who has been the head coach of two high-profile college programs take a job as a special teams assistant coach in the NFL. That move would seem to be reserved for someone who is young with an ascending career path. But, a man has a right to work, and if he's considered the best man for the job, so be it. At least he has experience. It will be interesting to see whether McCarthy compartmentalizes Zook's contributions to Slocum's results. Personally, after the results from 2014, and years previous to Zook's arrival, I think a complete reboot of special teams staff would be helpful.

Now the question is, who is out there that is qualifed, and could step into the role and make a difference right away? It's one thing to want a clean slate, it's another thing to have someone in mind who can really take over and do the job. Slocum fired...now what?