Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: SLOCUM IS GONE!

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    You want Putin as special teams coach?
    Packers special teams would not wear any identifying badges or uniforms.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Maybe next year we'll read a story like this about GB...
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...s-rankings.ece

Funny, same ST coach.
    Yep, personnel makes the big difference.

However, 7 blocked kicks don't happen if the ST coach is doing his job. There may not be a big time KO returner but the lines of both offense and defense are strong enough to form a coherent blocking unit despite injuries.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Packers special teams would not wear any identifying badges or uniforms.
    They'd probably just work shirtless.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    So, does Slocum land an NFL job of any type anywhere else? Does he go back to the college ranks? It seems experience is valued over results in the NFL, and the same guys get recycled over and over on different staffs.
    This seems more his style

Go PACK

What will I do on Wednesdays now?

Ground Rat
    I'm pausing my football break by posting my sincere joy over this overdue news.

Fuck you Slocum. It's been a long time that someone could suck so long and keep their job in this league

Quote Originally Posted by Packers4Glory View Post
    I'm pausing my football break by posting my sincere joy over this overdue news.

Fuck you Slocum. It's been a long time that someone could suck so long and keep their job in this league
    Its been since we kept Starr as our HC for all those years.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Maybe next year we'll read a story like this about GB...
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...s-rankings.ece

Kelly won the NFC East and presided over the NFC’s best offense in his debut season. But that first year was a learning experience and one of the lessons Kelly learned was that he needed better special teams.

Philadelphia finished 18th in the NFL in special teams in 2013, so Kelly undertook a sweeping upgrade last offseason.

Kelly traded for returner Darren Sproles and kicker Cody Parkey and signed a pair of special*-teams coverage aces in free agency, Bryan Braman from the Texans and Chris Maragos from the Seahawks. Kelly also hit on undrafted college free *agent Trey Burton and street free *agent Chris Prosinski for his coverage units.

The changes were dramatic. The Eagles vaulted all the way to the top of the league in special teams, finishing first in the 2014 NFL special*-teams rankings compiled annually by The Dallas Morning News.
    Funny, same ST coach.
    The thing is though, they had the same win/loss record despite the vastly improved special teams play. Maybe they should have focused more on upgrading their defense. It is possible to place too much emphasis on special teams. You don't want to be terrible as the Packers were, but you don't have to be great either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Its been since we kept Starr as our HC for all those years.
    LOVE's a funny thing.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    What will I do on Wednesdays now?
    Perhaps a fire brad jones thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Perhaps a fire brad jones thread.
    Teams have until March 10 to be under the salary cap and free agency begins. I think TT will release Jones and his 4.75 mil salary cap hit by then. If not, we may need a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Teams have until March 10 to be under the salary cap and free agency begins. I think TT will release Jones and his 4.75 mil salary cap hit by then. If not, we may need a thread.
    How the fuck could anyone, at anytime think that worthless POS was worth 4.75 million? For all his football intelligence, TT does some baffling shit.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    How the fuck could anyone, at anytime think that worthless POS was worth 4.75 million? For all his football intelligence, TT does some baffling shit.
    what are you talking about?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    8 years too late. MM's job was on the line if he didn't do this.

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    8 years too late. MM's job was on the line if he didn't do this.
    I do wonder how much Ted has to push. For this or the D makeover before 2009. M3 certainly is loyal. We don't really know and we don't know what would push M3 over the edge. He has never really instituted a firing for reasons solely important to him (that we know of, except maybe Stock to promote Slocum). We don't know how much he would tolerate on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I do wonder how much Ted has to push. For this or the D makeover before 2009. M3 certainly is loyal. We don't really know and we don't know what would push M3 over the edge. He has never really instituted a firing for reasons solely important to him (that we know of, except maybe Stock to promote Slocum). We don't know how much he would tolerate on his own.
    This move by Mike McCarthy to dismiss Shawn Slocum was a 'no brainer'.

If Mike Mccarthy had entered next season with Slocum still installed as his ST Co-ordinator. he would have been bare assed open for much criticism; any more crucial screw ups on ST's possibly prompting his demise?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    We can only hope...

So who does M3 hire to take Slocum's spot? Does he promote Zook (I hope not) or hire Morton (which would be hilariously ironic but obviously won't happen due to last year's firing and Morton probably not ready yet) or someone else? Who's left? Due to the Packers making it deep into the playoffs and M3's brother dying and therefore stuff getting pushed back even further, the usual pool seems shallow.

An up and comer from somewhere is what I hope. From outside the org.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    So who does M3 hire to take Slocum's spot? Does he promote Zook (I hope not) or hire Morton (which would be hilariously ironic but obviously won't happen due to last year's firing and Morton probably not ready yet) or someone else? Who's left? Due to the Packers making it deep into the playoffs and M3's brother dying and therefore stuff getting pushed back even further, the usual pool seems shallow.

An up and comer from somewhere is what I hope. From outside the org.
    It'll be Zook. MM doesn't go outside his buddy list

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    It'll be Zook. MM doesn't go outside his buddy list
    I am thinking that is most likely. But you never know, M3 did a full scan for a DC last time.