Thread: The 18 finalists for the 2015 PRO FOOTBALL HOF.

The 18 finalists for the 2015 PRO FOOTBALL HOF.

Former Chargers LB Junior Seau and St. Louis Rams teammates Orlando Pace and Kurt Warner highlight the list of finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, which was announced tonight.

http://www.nfl.com/hofvote

" We now invite you to evaluate the careers and legacies of these all-time greats and select who you think should comprise the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2015. "
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...me-finalists/#

Warner, Seau, Pace highlight Hall of Fame finalists

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 8, 2015, 9:25 PM EST
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

This guy is one of the finalists:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Wolf

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...fame-finalists

Taking a close look at these finalists proves to me just how tough it is to make the NFL HOF.

I think the Kurt Warner and Junior Seau get in. Maybe a fella that took it to the Green Bay Packers in a Bronco Super Bowl win will get in as well. That candidate is former Denver RB Terrell Davis.

It won't likely happen but I'd love to se Kevin Green get in.

Blog Entries
    I wonder about Seau, Wood.

There would be a lot of chatter about concussion suicide if Junior made it.

You know how the NFL hates negative PR.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    I wonder about Seau, Wood.

There would be a lot of chatter about concussion suicide if Junior made it.

You know how the NFL hates negative PR.
    He was simply too good a player to ignore.

I think that Junior Seau makes it and maybe the negative publicity actually helps his candidacy.

Seau's regarded as one of the best linebackers ever, he made 12 Pro Bowls, six All-Pro first teams and the Pro Football Hall of Fame All-1990s first team.

Isn't he the ALL TIME LEADER in Tackles?
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-09-2015 at 12:48 PM.

I don't see Warner as a first ballot guy. There were periods of his career where he was ineffective, and looked quite pedestrian. He excelled when he had a team around him, but not so much at other times, near then end of his time in St-Louis and with the Giants. Don't get me wrong, I was a big fan or Warner's, I just think he's a marginal candidate overall, and almost no chance of being a first ballot guy.

Pace might make it. He was that good, but will be hampered by not being on winning teams. It's also arguable that he wasn't the best LT in the league during his career, or even the best LT in his draft, with that honour going to Walter Jones. His draft status, all this time later will help him.

IMO the guy most likely to get in in Seau.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    He was simply too good a player to ignore.

I think that Junior Seau makes it and maybe the negative publicity actually helps his candidacy.
    Yea, Seau was just a great player. The suicide just gives people a reason to use the HOF as a way to honor his memory.

TD's career was way to short to get in. I think Anderson gets in, 23 years and all time leading scorer just should be in. Shields may make it, but 'fame' and 'guard' are not typically associated. In the other sections, Wolf should get in for what he did for GB.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I don't see Warner as a first ballot guy. There were periods of his career where he was ineffective, and looked quite pedestrian. He excelled when he had a team around him, but not so much at other times, near then end of his time in St-Louis and with the Giants. Don't get me wrong, I was a big fan or Warner's, I just think he's a marginal candidate overall, and almost no chance of being a first ballot guy.

Pace might make it. He was that good, but will be hampered by not being on winning teams. It's also arguable that he wasn't the best LT in the league during his career, or even the best LT in his draft, with that honour going to Walter Jones. His draft status, all this time later will help him.

What Warner has is a story: greatest show on turf to backup in no man's land to saving a franchise and taking them to the super bowl. It's incredibly unlikely, makes for a very well known story and all but cements him in the hall of fame. Plus, he has some outstanding stats. Was his career consistent? No. But he put the duds in the middle instead of at the end.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Warner

Kurt Warner ...too much there above to ignore ! Kurt Warner's two MVP's should certainly help him get in. Besides all that.... he's just a regular lunch box sort of a 'really nice guy' and that can't hurt him. Kurt Warner is a great story and he was once a Green Bay Packer prospect.

Yes Orlando Pace a key part as the LT for the Greatest Show On Turf.

I say get it over with:

Get Kurt Warner and Orlando Pace in now.

Get Junior Seau in as well ! I'll be shocked if he's not voted in this year.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-09-2015 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    What Warner has is a story: greatest show on turf to backup in no man's land to saving a franchise and taking them to the super bowl. It's incredibly unlikely, makes for a very well known story and all but cements him in the hall of fame. Plus, he has some outstanding stats. Was his career consistent? No. But he put the duds in the middle instead of at the end.
    True dat. See Namath, Joe.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Yea, Seau was just a great player. The suicide just gives people a reason to use the HOF as a way to honor his memory.

TD's career was way to short to get in. I think Anderson gets in, 23 years and all time leading scorer just should be in. Shields may make it, but 'fame' and 'guard' are not typically associated. In the other sections, Wolf should get in for what he did for GB.
    Terrell Davis is simply happy to be a final nominee. He talked about that this morning. He's an intelligent and modest guy.

He's now the best part of the NFL Access Morning show.

The rest of them on that Morning Show (even Eric Davis who was solid) need to be blown up.

That show has become a real hot mess. I'm betting on changes there when contracts are up.

I also hope that WR Tim Brown gets in this time. So that's Seau, Pace and Warner as my top four.

Then it's a pick one more of:

John Lynch or Jerome Bettis or Marvin Harrison.....for five.

OK I'm picking John Lynch from that group.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-09-2015 at 02:01 PM.

I see Kurt Warner as a guy who was a good player with a few outstanding seasons, but not a career worthy of the Hall of Fame.

He was a turnover machine at times in his career, similar to what we saw from Cutler this season. He only started 113 games in an 11 year career, and played in only 124. Yet, he threw 128 interceptions and had 102 fumbles.

He was a league celebrity in 1999, 2000 and 2001; played poorly in 2002 before being injured and was replaced as the starter in 2003, after which he was released. Is a HOF QB released that quickly?

Started 2004 as the Giants starter, but by mideseason was replaced by rookie Eli Manning. In essence, the Giants threw away their season just to give Manning experience as a rookie.

Started 2005 as the Cardinals starter, was replaced by Josh McCown, who couldn't hold the job and Warner got it back.

He signed a big contract before 2006, but lost the starting job to Matt Leinart after 4 games. For the next two years, having both Leinart and Warner on the roster, the Cardinals kept giving the job to Leinart who couldn't keep it and gave it back to Warner. In spite of all that, Arizona was not overly enthusiastic in resigning Warner for 2009, but did, after which he retired.

He was a QB who could rack up yardage and TDs, but teams tired of him quickly, I think due to turnovers and inconsistent play.

I just do not see that as a Hall of Fame career. A career to be proud of, certainly, but not HOF.

Many good players do not make the Hall of Fame. Typically, Hall of Fame players do not have to fight to keep their jobs for their entire careers. Many good players do, but HOF players typically are clear cut starters, and are not players that teams continually try to replace, but revert to only when they have to.

Warner should not make it. Nice story. Not great enough for long enough to be in. Pace won a Super Bowl with the Rams in 1999 and was on those Greatest Show On Turf teams from 1999 to the mid 2000s, so played on a lot of winning teams. He should make it eventually, but not on the first ballot.

LeRoy Butler getting the shaft again.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

kramer needs to be there.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...s-haley-worthy

Hall of Fame finalists: Junior Seau a lock; Charles Haley worthy

By Elliot Harrison ... NFL Media analyst

Published: Jan. 8, 2015 at 09:55 p.m. ... Updated: Jan. 9, 2015 at 06:13 p.m.

281 Comments

Comment woodbuck27:

All the awards and hardware will be handed out tomorrow night. Aaron Rodgers is up for two awards.

The 'NFL MVP' and 'Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year' Awards.

They just announced the Finalists for the NFL HOF. Ron Wolf looks great.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Wolf

What an emotional thing this is for those players already in and present tonight.

This honor is the supreme NFL award and to see this ceremony certainly proves that.