Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Suh a Packer?

Suh a Packer?

Lavar Arrington thinks so, thinks we would be a perfect fit for suh, and he might be the missing piece for us

granted, i think suh is a grade-A piece of monkey shit, but he's a hell of a player, and we do have the cap

hmmmm

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nf...kers/23287525/

I can read it now here:

" He's not Packer people."

If Suh lands in Seattle where he hopes he'll fit best for next season and beyond.

That might be all that's needed to keep the Green Bay Packers out of the Super Bowl next season.

Thanks red- a separate thread on the number one player available in 2015 Free Agency ...the Ndamukong Suh watch.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I'd love him in G&Gold. There are so many Bears and Vikings that need stepping on.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I'd love him in G&Gold. There are so many Bears and Vikings that need stepping on.
    Suh in Seattle has a very solid chance of happening.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    If they do that, they have to avoid being Lynched.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

yeah, i think if we would sign him, i would end up loving his antics

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    yeah, i think if we would sign him, i would end up loving his antics
    That 'and I'm fantasizing' would sure dump any chance of BJ Raji back in town.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    If the Packers don't end up signing him, I hope Seattle gives him a ton of money, and they can be as cap constrained as Detroit was with his contract. I don't think Suh is giving discounts, I think he's looking for top dollar, so if you sign him, be prepared for him to have a big cap number. Not sure how that works out with the guys they signed last off-season, plus Wilson and Lynch to come, should he keep the Skittle parade going.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    If the Packers don't end up signing him, I hope Seattle gives him a ton of money, and they can be as cap constrained as Detroit was with his contract. I don't think Suh is giving discounts, I think he's looking for top dollar, so if you sign him, be prepared for him to have a big cap number. Not sure how that works out with the guys they signed last off-season, plus Wilson and Lynch to come, should he keep the Skittle parade going.
    If he won't give discounts, I wonder what the top of the market for a DT is? The money Detroit had to pay him because of the hole they dug was a caricature of the city's problems. Like Bradford, he'll be working for a percentage of that next year, although for a different reason - DT franchise tag number was under $10M, less than half of what he made.

A deal that ends up paying him more than $15M/year would surprise me. I'd also guess the 'announced' contract will be ~ 5yr/$100M though.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I don't think so. Neither for the Pack or Seachickies.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    If he won't give discounts, I wonder what the top of the market for a DT is? The money Detroit had to pay him because of the hole they dug was a caricature of the city's problems. Like Bradford, he'll be working for a percentage of that next year, although for a different reason - DT franchise tag number was under $10M, less than half of what he made.

A deal that ends up paying him more than $15M/year would surprise me. I'd also guess the 'announced' contract will be ~ 5yr/$100M though.
    only 3 dts had a cap number averaging over 10 million last year. gerald mccoy, who got a new 7 year= 95 million dollar deal. suh, and geno atkins at 5 years, 53 million

no other dts make over 7.25 a year

so, i'm guessing he gets just over what mccoy got, probably 14 mil a year

Well, it depends on how the base salary is structured.

If Spotrac.com is correct, McCoy's base salary this year was 17 million, and with other bonuses and such his cap hit was 21 million.

Next season, 14 million, and then in a ballpark 12-14 million for the duration.

If Suh won't give them a discount, I hope they spend and lure Suh out there. The Packers have shown they can contain Suh (and the Seahawks line in general).

What I wouldn't want to see is, say, Randall Cobb go out there or Dez Bryant or someone. Though if Lynch leaves, then it all may be moot anyway.

Blog Entries
    Not interested at 14 mil. The talent's there, but that's too much collateral risk at such a premium price...

Teddy was a serious player in the Randy Moss sweepstakes back in the day so he's not above taking on character risks. That was when Moss was seriously undervalued through trying to escape from Alcatraz/The Black Hole/Oakland.

My analysis says the $15 M$ /season would satisfy Ndamukong Suh .

Even if TT wanted him that cost would 'only' be fantasy at best. TT has to put his marbles into retaining his own FA's.

How attractive is this problem child-adult?

He's lived up to his billing out of College. He's a reliable (overall) dominant force for a DL that has other pieces. Suh has to be accounted for by opposing teams. In five seasons since he was chosen second overall by Detroit in 2010:

He's had 241 TT's, 36 SACKS 15 PD's, 2 FF's and 1 Pick in 78 games. He's a dominant/aggressive man upfront and center. The Lions run 'D' is going to suffer the impending loss of Ndamukong Suh.

It seems pretty clear that his marketing strategy is based on moving his life closer to home. Seattle has a lot of factors to consider as priorities before entertaining anyone in Free Agency. It's obvious that that organization isn't afraid to swing for the fence. Seattle will bite the dead cap bullet in the future for being enamoured over Percy Harvin. It appears to me that if they can get it done the same lost gamble won't occur signing Ndamukong Suh.

Seattle should have won the Super Bowl past. Why not double down with SUH in 2016? Two straight Super Bowls was maybe? a changed offensive call away. Two Super Bowls in three seasons would be redemption.

There are few loins that need stepping on too.

But I'm sure Ted will concentrate on keeping our own (Cobb and Bulaga) rather than screw up our cap going forward. Sue is gonna want top dollar for sure.

I heard on the NFL Network that Ndamukong Suh may not be going anywhere as the Lions want to somehow retain him.

I heard on the NFL Network that Ndamukong Suh may not be going anywhere as the Lions want to somehow retain him.
    Good. They can keep the goon.

I'm sure they'd love to, but can they? I also wonder how attractive Detroit is to FAs right now. I don't know much about the city other than what I see in the news, but it sure is portrayed awfully. Would anyone really want to go there?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I'm sure they'd love to, but can they? I also wonder how attractive Detroit is to FAs right now. I don't know much about the city other than what I see in the news, but it sure is portrayed awfully. Would anyone really want to go there?
    Are you also hinting that Suh likely can't get away from Detroit soon enough?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Detroit would have a shit ton of $ tied up in Stafford, Megatron and Suh. They already have about $38M committed for Stafford and Megatron in cap next year and $46M in 2016 for those 2. I don't know if they could afford a $15 - 18M contract for Suh over multiple years. Add in that Deandre Levy is an UFA after next year and they wouldn't be able to keep him if they re-sign Suh. Detroit would be best to let Suh go. I wouldn't want him as a Packer, especially not for what it would cost to get him.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!