Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Super Bowl XLIX Thread

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    It doesn't surprise me that Belicheat knew Seattle was running this play in practice. Probably a hidden camera in a deflated ball.
    Oops, probably need a comma there. NE had run the play against their own D in practice this week because they know that SEA liked to run that pass play in short yardage situations. The Pat's O scored on the Pat's D but the D was ready for the play come Super Bowl time.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Antonio Freeman revisited.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    It was a super ballsy move by Belicheck to psych them out, Seattle I am sure expected them to call a timeout. When they didn't, all of a sudden 30 seconds ran off the clock. And with one timeout, Seattle really didn't have time to run 3 times without getting in the endzone. I didn't understand it at all at first. But as you said he most certainly wasn't not calling his timeouts to let them score on purpose, that makes zero sense.
    So Belichick didn't call a timeout in the hopes that Seattle would be psyched out and would botch the next play? Sorry but I'm not buying it. Lynch got tackled with 1:02 left. Seattle changes their personnel from a 2 TE I formation to the 3 WR formation and gets to the LOS at a normal pace. Seattle purposefully ran 30 seconds off the clock to leave as little time as possible remaining.

If Lynch plunges the ball in, Hauschka most likely kicks into the end zone and NE is left with 20 seconds and 2 TO to get in field goal range. Belichick is then left answering questions this morning about why he only left Brady with 20 seconds and 2 TO instead of 55-58 seconds and 1 TO.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    So Belichick didn't call a timeout in the hopes that Seattle would be psyched out and would botch the next play? Sorry but I'm not buying it. Lynch got tackled with 1:02 left. Seattle changes their personnel from a 2 TE I formation to the 3 WR formation and gets to the LOS at a normal pace. Seattle purposefully ran 30 seconds off the clock to leave as little time as possible remaining.

If Lynch plunges the ball in, Hauschka most likely kicks into the end zone and NE is left with 20 seconds and 2 TO to get in field goal range. Belichick is then left answering questions this morning about why he only left Brady with 20 seconds and 2 TO instead of 55-58 seconds and 1 TO.
    I think Belicheat screwed up there. Let's say Lynch does score and there is only a dozen seconds left. BB would be roasted just like Carroll is today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...v-rating-ever/

Super Bowl delivers its highest overnight TV rating ever

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 2, 2015, 9:11 AM EST
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Antonio Freeman revisited.
    That's the first thing I thought of seeing that play.

MNF Packers and Minnesota in OT....if I remember it correctly.

I was watching that game with friends (all Packer fans) and we were amazed.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    It was a super ballsy move by Belicheck to psych them out, Seattle I am sure expected them to call a timeout. When they didn't, all of a sudden 30 seconds ran off the clock. And with one timeout, Seattle really didn't have time to run 3 times without getting in the endzone. I didn't understand it at all at first. But as you said he most certainly wasn't not calling his timeouts to let them score on purpose, that makes zero sense.
    Maybe, though Bevell said they wanted to run the clock down specifically to keep it out of Brady's hands.

Even with 30 seconds off the clock Seattle could have run twice more. That means BB's baller move saved him one net Lynch/Wilson run. Hell of a price to pay when Seattle is better than 75% to score a TD.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Did Patriots have one or two TOs remaining?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Did Seattle have one or two TOs remaining?
    Seattle had ONE TO remaining when the ball was turned over on the Malcolm Butler pick.

Seattle took time outs at:

Timeout #1 by SEA at 01:50 remaining in the 4th Qtr.

and

Timeout #2 by SEA at 01:06 remaining in the 4th Qtr.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-02-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I believe it was one.
    Yeah, I mean to ask about the Patriots. I edited the original while you answered.

Yeah, I mean to ask about the Patriots. I edited the original while you answered.
    New England had TWO TO's remaining. The Patriots used one TO here:

Timeout #1 by NE at 02:52 of the 4th Qtr.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    That's the first thing I thought of seeing that play.

MNF Packers and Minnesota in OT....if I remember it correctly.

I was watching that game with friends (all Packer fans) and we were amazed.
    just another great throw by Wilson
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Marshawn Lynch was 1 for 5 from the 1 yard line this year. Heard this on radio, it was said to be on Twitter, but cannot find it.

Anyone else here this?

Did Michael Bennett, who looked to be taking over the game in the 3rd Quarter, disappear at the same time Avril did?

Did Michael Bennett, who looked to be taking over the game in the 3rd Quarter, disappear at the same time Avril did?
    4th Qtr.

Timeout #1 by NE at 02:52.

1-5-SEA 5 (2:52) 71-C.Fleming has reported as eligible. 29-L.Blount up the middle to SEA 3 for 2 yards (72-M.Bennett).

2-3-SEA 3 (2:06) 12-T.Brady pass short left to 11-J.Edelman for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Yes
    Go PACK

FiveThirtyEight ‏@FiveThirtyEight 5h5 hours ago
    During the 2014 season, 57.5% of all rushing plays from the opponent’s 1 yard-line ended in touchdowns. http://53eig.ht/1z3VpiA #SuperBowl

Yes
    I wonder about it. Everyone says BB schemed him away, but its seems too coincidental they lost Avril about the same time.

Both coaches were stupid on that last play - last minute.

Belichick should have called a TO; and Carroll should have run...

NE's DC pulled a few dunderdummy moves during the game as well... Seattle's TD at the end of the 1st half comes to mind - just let the receiver run into the end zone and pitch and catch?? With 6 seconds on the clock?? Really?? Straight out of dunderdummy's playbook. There were a few others as well, but I had a few drinks and can't remember, lol...
    wist

Marshawn Lynch was 1 for 5 from the 1 yard line this year. Heard this on radio, it was said to be on Twitter, but cannot find it.

Anyone else here this?
    I don't have stats on this year specifically, but he is 5/12 in those situations over the past 3 years.

The really damning thing for Seattle is that NE was horrible in short yardage situations. Worst team in the league in "power-running situations" and fifth worst at "stuffing" power runs (no gain or a loss).

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/dl

On the flip side, Seattle was very good at converting power situations and rarely got stuffed.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol
    Go PACK