Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Super Bowl XLIX Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Marshawn Lynch was 1 for 5 from the 1 yard line this year. Heard this on radio, it was said to be on Twitter, but cannot find it.

Anyone else here this?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Marshawn Lynch was 1 for 5 from the 1 yard line this year. Heard this on radio, it was said to be on Twitter, but cannot find it.

Anyone else here this?
    I don't have stats on this year specifically, but he is 5/12 in those situations over the past 3 years.

The really damning thing for Seattle is that NE was horrible in short yardage situations. Worst team in the league in "power-running situations" and fifth worst at "stuffing" power runs (no gain or a loss).

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/dl

On the flip side, Seattle was very good at converting power situations and rarely got stuffed.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I don't have stats on this year specifically, but he is 5/12 in those situations over the past 3 years.

The really damning thing for Seattle is that NE was horrible in short yardage situations. Worst team in the league in "power-running situations" and fifth worst at "stuffing" power runs (no gain or a loss).

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/dl

On the flip side, Seattle was very good at converting power situations and rarely got stuffed.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol
    Why didn't Seattle take advantage of that information?

Amazing.

I just hope like us; that Mike McCarthy and Tom Clements are learning from all of this.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-02-2015 at 11:32 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Why didn't Seattle take advantage of that information?

Amazing.

I just hope like us; that Mike McCarthy and Tom Clements are learning from all of this.
    You'd think with all those Microsoft Surface tablets on the sidelines they could go to that website. Or at least play Clash of Clans or Age of War while waiting to get back on the field.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Anyone else here this?
    Here you go PB

He was 1/3 against the Giants and 0/1 against both SF and DEN

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...y.cgi?id=n5YDo
    Go PACK

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

Anyone else here this?
    so if he had 5 runs, there's a 100% chance he scores, right?

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I believe that would be a 112% chance of scoring.

No..he might go 0 for 5 on one set of five runs and 2 for 5 on the next.

He might hit a real dry spell and go 0 for 10 and suddenly get hot and score on 3 of the next 5 runs.

It's all really a mystery. A mystery that will unfold in mere seconds from now......

So you call the slant and what's the worst case scenario? Time to think...well no...and ...is this the correct call!? Consequences of being wrong !?

A pick or fumble and turn over...... but you love the match up so ... and so... and well so ... you go with a three receiver set ....

just to make them think your passing .....but no .....their not going to be fooled by that ... so ... so ... so and

suddenly when you realize you should have been running ....they have the fricken' ball and... and that game

is over ... and well YOU lose ! BAM ! ..... you know you should have run the ball.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

no, he has 32.7% chance of scoring.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    no, he has 32.7% chance of scoring.
    It was a joke about Peter Graves. Still, where's our resident statistician, Dyoop? I think you got this backwards Bobble. 5 chances at 20% gives you a 1-(.8)e5 = 0.672 chance of scoring.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Did Michael Bennett, who looked to be taking over the game in the 3rd Quarter, disappear at the same time Avril did?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Did Michael Bennett, who looked to be taking over the game in the 3rd Quarter, disappear at the same time Avril did?
    4th Qtr.

Timeout #1 by NE at 02:52.

1-5-SEA 5 (2:52) 71-C.Fleming has reported as eligible. 29-L.Blount up the middle to SEA 3 for 2 yards (72-M.Bennett).

2-3-SEA 3 (2:06) 12-T.Brady pass short left to 11-J.Edelman for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Yes
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Yes
    I wonder about it. Everyone says BB schemed him away, but its seems too coincidental they lost Avril about the same time.

FiveThirtyEight ‏@FiveThirtyEight 5h5 hours ago
    During the 2014 season, 57.5% of all rushing plays from the opponent’s 1 yard-line ended in touchdowns. http://53eig.ht/1z3VpiA #SuperBowl

Both coaches were stupid on that last play - last minute.

Belichick should have called a TO; and Carroll should have run...

NE's DC pulled a few dunderdummy moves during the game as well... Seattle's TD at the end of the 1st half comes to mind - just let the receiver run into the end zone and pitch and catch?? With 6 seconds on the clock?? Really?? Straight out of dunderdummy's playbook. There were a few others as well, but I had a few drinks and can't remember, lol...
    wist

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Both coaches were stupid on that last play - last minute.

Belichick should have called a TO; and Carroll should have run...

NE's DC pulled a few dunderdummy moves during the game as well... Seattle's TD at the end of the 1st half comes to mind - just let the receiver run into the end zone and pitch and catch?? With 6 seconds on the clock?? Really?? Straight out of dunderdummy's playbook. There were a few others as well, but I had a few drinks and can't remember, lol...
    Good to know that the two teams in the SB also have dunderdummies for DCs.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Found it!

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 2h2 hours ago
    Marshawn Lynch ran the ball 5 times from 1-yard line during regular season. He only scored ONCE.

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt · 34m 34 minutes ago
    Of the 11 RBs w/ at least 250 carries thias season, only LeVeon Bell (14.5%) had lower % of stuffs/carry than M. Lynch (17.1%)

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt · 31m 31 minutes ago
    By comparison, No. 11 on that list, LeSean McCoy, was stuffed 21.8% of the time. Lynch had 280 carries, was stuffed 48x (17.1%)

On the other hand, multiple stats folks mentioned the Patriots were not the best power run stopping team in the League. However, goalline is often a different animal.

Revis told someone they were in goalline + 3 CBs for the last play. One linebacker was off the LOS.

On the other hand, multiple stats folks mentioned the Patriots were not the best power run stopping team in the League. However, goalline is often a different animal.

Revis told someone they were in goalline + 3 CBs for the last play. One linebacker was off the LOS.
    Patriots had allowed 5 rushing TD on 6 attempts from the 1 during the regular season and playoffs
    Go PACK