Thread: So, who are we projected to take now in the first round?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar

So, who are we projected to take now in the first round?

It's always fun seeing how the mock drafts change who is going to be taken in round 1. So that's all this thread will be about, who is being projected to be selected in round 1.

Todd McShay has us taking Minn TE Max Williams as of his mock today. Max is a good TE and really had a great game in their bowl game. I just don't know if I want a TE in round 1, especially if there's an ILB available that's worth the pick.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

I have seen Bernardrick McKinney, Eddie Goldman, and Denzel Perryman mocked to us most frequently. McShay is worthless, not to say Maxx wouldn't be a good pick.

Walters Football Mock Draft Database http://walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

There used to be a site that I haven't been able to find in about 3 to 4 years that took a hundred or so different mock draft sites and provided statistics.

For example, it would show how many projected whom to the Packers at slot etcetera.

And you could go to the player's link and see how many sites have him mocked to what teams.

I found it extremely useful for identifying the pipe dreams (oh! this site has him mocked to the Packers, but that's on the back end of the consensus bell curve) or the ones that have a decent shot.

Again, it's been a while, but I loved that site.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    NFL Draft Tracker is an interesting site, showing three mock drafts. They have the Pack selecting PJ Williams, CB, Florida State; Jordan Phillips, NT, Oklahoma; and Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami.

Williams, according to the scouting report, could be the best CB in the draft, and Jordan Phillips could develop into a Pro Bowl NT.

I question the Denzel Perryman pick. IMO he's not a first round quality pick.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

PJ Williams is not Packer people, tbh