Thread: Official Randall Cobb FA Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    you don't let difference makers get away. remember those bf years without difference makers on o?! there's plenty of cap room to resign our best guys and then some.
    i said the exact same thing during jennings last year, until he and his sister went all nazi on us

we survived

most of us didn't like to see a very solid #3 in james jones leave last year, we drafted 3 rookies and moved on

we survived

i love cobb, but some people need to prepare for the very real possibility that he will not be a packer in just over 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i said the exact same thing during jennings last year, until he and his sister went all nazi on us

we survived

most of us didn't like to see a very solid #3 in james jones leave last year, we drafted 3 rookies and moved on

we survived

i love cobb, but some people need to prepare for the very real possibility that he will not be a packer in just over 2 weeks
    Jennings and Jones were not ascending players when TT let them leave. And they weren't 24 years old either. The Packers would survive without Cobb, but it would be very out of character for TT to let Cobb leave at this point.

I like Cobb, I want to see him as a Packer. If he's not resigned, I'll survive, but I DO NOT want to see him in a Bears, Lions or Vikings uniform. That, I will not be able to live with.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    I like Cobb, I want to see him as a Packer. If he's not resigned, I'll survive, but I DO NOT want to see him in a Bears, Lions or Vikings uniform. That, I will not be able to live with.
    The Vikings will have an opening when they release Jennings.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I'm not sure that will happen. I think he'd leave them with alot of dead money and the truth is he's still a very good receiver. The fact that Bridgewater played so well I would think they'd want a pro's pro like that in the offense. That said, he does make a ton of coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    I'm not sure that will happen. I think he'd leave them with alot of dead money and the truth is he's still a very good receiver. The fact that Bridgewater played so well I would think they'd want a pro's pro like that in the offense. That said, he does make a ton of coin.
    Sometime, I wonder about Jennings, and if he really does provide what teams want from a "pro's pro." He was not happy in GB sharing the limelight with other receivers, and even seemed to resent the attention being focused on Rodgers. If Charles Johnson becomes the focus, will Jennings start grumbling?

Blog Entries
    Sometime, I wonder about Jennings, and if he really does provide what teams want from a "pro's pro." He was not happy in GB sharing the limelight with other receivers, and even seemed to resent the attention being focused on Rodgers. If Charles Johnson becomes the focus, will Jennings start grumbling?

THERE is a guy I'd still like to have....CHARLES JOHNSON......we should have cut Brad Jones years ago and let Johnson carry that spot
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Greg got sidetracked by the same contract chase that hurt Finley. It didn't screw his hands up like it did to Jermichael, but it did provide a monster distraction.

He was a better receiver than Jones, Nelson or Cobb and could make plays they could not, especially in the middle of the field. But he wanted a Fitzgerald/Vicent Jackson contract to cap his career after the friendlier deal he took in his second contract. When it started to fall apart, the whole family came unglued.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

It'd be funny if Cobb went to MN and Jennings ended up back in GB.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Blog Entries

we survived

we survived

Big difference between then and now. I wasn't sweating the potential loss of either of those guys because Cobb was waiting in the wings. Plus, Jones is decent but eminently replaceable. Unlike years/receivers past, I'm not seeing another guy on the roster to effectively replace Cobb.

Rodgers might be able to incorporate some other guys but I'd be shocked to see Abrederis as the next 1,200 yard, 12 TD receiver at this point. We don't even know if he'll be able to stay on the field. Maybe the combination of him, Adams and Janis can fill the void, but without Cobb, Jordy's not as effective either.

They'll go on and be good but I don't see how you can argue they're as good without Cobb at this point. He's a pretty important piece.

Careful! I said that about Jennings the year before he left, because I saw signs that he wanted to leave. I thought I might be lynched! I was "guaranteed" that GB would never let him get away, he was too important to their offense.

This situation is very different than Jennings. I think Cobb would legitimately like to stay, and GB would like to keep him. But that doesn't mean the business end will work to the satisfaction of both. You are right, he could be somewhere else in a few weeks.

Careful! I said that about Jennings the year before he left, because I saw signs that he wanted to leave. I thought I might be lynched! I was "guaranteed" that GB would never let him get away, he was too important to their offense.

This situation is very different than Jennings. I think Cobb would legitimately like to stay, and GB would like to keep him. But that doesn't mean the business end will work to the satisfaction of both. You are right, he could be somewhere else in a few weeks.
    yup, at the time he was a top 5 WR and still young (29) and TT only lets guys over 30 walk. i remember those discussions

i also remember bringing up 2 years ago the fact that cobb is gonna cost a lot of money when his contract is up, and TT has proven he doesn't like/need to spend a lot of money at that position, and he already spent a good amount on one guy

and, if cobb walks, we probably get a 3rd round comp pick in 2016