Thread: Official Randall Cobb FA Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    if you were a salesman and had a choice between two companies, would you go to the company that pays you more (including commission), or would you go to the company that promises you more sales, but less money overall?
    But we aren't talking about sales. We're talking about championships, notoriety and endorsements which can bring Cobb more money than being invisible in Oakland.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    But we aren't talking about sales. We're talking about championships, notoriety and endorsements which can bring Cobb more money than being invisible in Oakland.
    thats what a few of us have been talking about the last few pages

championships mean something to us the fans. to players football is a job/business. and thats not gonna change until super bowl winners start getting massive bonuses

suh is about to become the highest paid defensive player of all time, how much has he won? only a handful of guys get the big endorsements, most will not. and for most it doesn't matter if they win a super bowl or not. being a "winner" has almost no effect on income level

hell look at jay cutler

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post

Sorry, pet peeve. I think you meant fame not notoriety.......notoriety is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    You are right. I just looked it up.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    bad is the new good
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Unfortunately, when discussing NFL players, too often notoriety is the correct term.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Unfortunately, when discussing NFL players, too often notoriety is the correct term.
    Indeed
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...