Thread: Official Randall Cobb FA Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Packers don't seem to have problems developing receivers, having two stud QBs in a row probably helps that. I would like to resign Cobb but don't break the bank to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    Packers don't seem to have problems developing receivers, having two stud QBs in a row probably helps that. I would like to resign Cobb but don't break the bank to do it.
    Randall Cobb's offensive versatility isn't easy to replace. The Packers havn't got time to develop another lie him.

Copbb had 1,324 yards from scrimmage and 12 touchdowns lining up outside, in the slot or in the backfield and he also helps out with ST's. This man is very valuable and almost an automatic hookup for Aaron Rodgers

If TT loses Cobb ...Aaron's not going to be pleased. Packer Nation's not going to be pleased.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

If TT loses Cobb ...Aaron's not going to be pleased. Packer Nation's not going to be pleased.
    What is the top end dollar amount (yearly plus guarantee) that you would be willing to commit to keep him around?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    What is the top end dollar amount (yearly plus guarantee) that you would be willing to commit to keep him around?
    you don't really want to know, do you?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    you don't really want to know, do you?
    Just curious.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

From post #8 this thread:

$8.5 M$ / Year X 4 Yrs .... $20 M$ guaranteed
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://www.totalpackers.com/2015/02/...ag-going-huge/

Randall Cobb’s Price Tag is Going to Be Huge

" the floor for Cobb is likely $7 million annually. The ceiling is certainly a good deal higher.

That’s great Randall and awful for the Packers.

Before the season, we anticipated Cobb would get a deal around $5-6 million annually. Then an extension didn’t get done and he went out and had a career year. The Packers now have absolutely no leverage.

The only thing they have is this question. How much can we afford to invest in two receivers? "

Comment woodbuck27:

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/green-bay-packers/

Projected CAP Room: 2015 - $23,722,642

Randall Cobb showed the NFL who he is in 2014. I'm starting to get used to the Green Bay Packers not signing Randall Cobb.

Look at his age and the whole package he offers an NFL team.

I hoped Ted Thompson would get Randall Cobb wrapped up. I know TT loves to play the waiting game.

This is a very special player.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I know TT loves to play the waiting game.
    What if Randall's ask is above what you were willing to pay in Message #21?

Is that waiting?

Thompson has signed a bunch of guys prior to their FA market. But if they can't agree, then the player is going to wait for the market to act.

I suspect that if Cobb could be had for between 7 an 8 million annually, it would be a done deal. The question likely is how close (or over) he will be to Jordy.

What if Randall's ask is above what you were willing to pay in Message #21?

Is that waiting?

Thompson has signed a bunch of guys prior to their FA market. But if they can't agree, then the player is going to wait for the market to act.

I suspect that if Cobb could be had for between 7 an 8 million annually, it would be a done deal. The question likely is how close (or over) he will be to Jordy.
    "What if Randall's ask is above what you were willing to pay in Message #21?

Is that waiting?" pbmax

That would be a refusal.