Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
I do not recall saying Thompson was unreasonable. I did not say reports are not to be believed. Do you actually read my posts?

I said Thompson may be stingy or unwilling to pay what a fair market price (for Green Bay) is for Cobb, which I noted as $9M a year. My opinion is that Cobb is being reasonable in his demands of Green Bay. I think Cobb would rather stay in Green Bay if the gap in pay wasn't significant to go elsewhere. I can't prove that...nor can anyone here prove the opposite at this time. We'll find out who is right after the fact.

I also did not mention that any recent report was erroneous. If anything, I said that the $12M number probably would be what Cobb was asking of a limp dick franchise like Oakland or Jacksonville. I doubt he would leave Green Bay to go somewhere like that for an extra million a year. For all any of us know, the $12M was a leak from the Raiders hoping to get Cobb to free agency.

You are right, EVERYONE is posturing. That doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on the posturing.

Cobb is simply posturing.