Thread: Official Randall Cobb FA Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Sometime, I wonder about Jennings, and if he really does provide what teams want from a "pro's pro." He was not happy in GB sharing the limelight with other receivers, and even seemed to resent the attention being focused on Rodgers. If Charles Johnson becomes the focus, will Jennings start grumbling?
    Greg got sidetracked by the same contract chase that hurt Finley. It didn't screw his hands up like it did to Jermichael, but it did provide a monster distraction.

He was a better receiver than Jones, Nelson or Cobb and could make plays they could not, especially in the middle of the field. But he wanted a Fitzgerald/Vicent Jackson contract to cap his career after the friendlier deal he took in his second contract. When it started to fall apart, the whole family came unglued.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Greg got sidetracked by the same contract chase that hurt Finley. It didn't screw his hands up like it did to Jermichael, but it did provide a monster distraction.

He was a better receiver than Jones, Nelson or Cobb and could make plays they could not, especially in the middle of the field. But he wanted a Fitzgerald/Vicent Jackson contract to cap his career after the friendlier deal he took in his second contract. When it started to fall apart, the whole family came unglued.
    Jennings was better than Jones, probably slightly better than Cobb, but I'd take Nelson slightly over Jennings.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Jennings was better than Jones, probably slightly better than Cobb, but I'd take Nelson slightly over Jennings.
    Don't agree. Nelson better deep and maybe on sideline, Jennings better everywhere else including route running. Packer's offense doesn't go without him in Super Bowl. Unlike Nelson, Jennings could escape press coverage with ease and get open immediately like Driver. Not dominant though and let the contract and his injury/number of catches go to his head.

I'm hoping Adams brings some of that precision back, along with escape from press man coverage.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Don't agree. Nelson better deep and maybe on sideline, Jennings better everywhere else including route running. Packer's offense doesn't go without him in Super Bowl. Unlike Nelson, Jennings could escape press coverage with ease and get open immediately like Driver. Not dominant though and let the contract and his injury/number of catches go to his head.

I'm hoping Adams brings some of that precision back, along with escape from press man coverage.
    This is correct. And Cobb cannot get open against press coverage all that well either, and doesn't have the size to clear out a bigger catch radius for himself. Although Adams has the better size and doesn't get killed by the press, I'm not sure about his precision in route running. Jennings showed that right away. (I do believe that Jenning's injury against the Raiders cost the Packers a SB repeat).
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck