Thread: Official Randall Cobb FA Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Greg Olson just got 7.5/mil per year. Cobb isn't worth $2.5mil more at 24 years old?? Come on.

There's something to be said about having a target, but to lose the guy over $1m is just stubborn.

EDIT -- Now if the story is that they want to use that money to bring in some other big time players then fine, but if they roll cap space into next year and lose out on Cobb over $1m I'm going to go apeshit.

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    Greg Olson just got 7.5/mil per year. Cobb isn't worth $2.5mil more at 24 years old?? Come on.

There's something to be said about having a target, but to lose the guy over $1m is just stubborn.

EDIT -- Now if the story is that they want to use that money to bring in some other big time players then fine, but if they roll cap space into next year and lose out on Cobb over $1m I'm going to go apeshit.
    if you give everyone, just another million a year, we end up about 52 million over the cap

or in our case around 45 million over

if you give everyone just an extra 10% we end up over the cap too

gotta draw your lines and stick to your guns sometimes

but yeah, i would hope we use that money to sign some decent free agents if we don't spend it on him. its not like we have a bunch of bigtime contracts coming due in the next year, do we?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    if you give everyone, just another million a year, we end up about 52 million over the cap

but yeah, i would hope we use that money to sign some decent free agents if we don't spend it on him. its not like we have a bunch of bigtime contracts coming due in the next year, do we?
    Now you're just being reasonable. Where's the vitriol I've come to expect? Man, this offseason is weird.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Now you're just being reasonable. Where's the vitriol I've come to expect? Man, this offseason is weird.
    eh, new meds

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

That doesn't really work in this situation. How many players don't even make $1mm? We're not talking about a 200% raise, we're talking 11% for a guy who made some of our most clutch plays last year and is the top ranked WR on the market. The line in the sand is in the sand for a reason...
    Maybe you can't even get this done for $10mm now... Maybe none of this matters.

There are going to be a lot of deals that just don't make sense coming up. As others have mentioned, the floor completely changes the game.