Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
I think $20 mil guaranteed is on the high side for these deals, unless you are in franchise tag numbers.

I suspect Cobb will come in less than the tag as an average unless a war breaks out for his services. $11+ per year is still 2 mil more than the Packers high end.

However, I am not sure if Cobb and Nelson are 2 and 1 red. Cobb is not a traditional outside WR, its not his strength, but he can function out there. He is great inside. Plus the backfield option makes him kinda unique. Packer Report said he is the best slot guy in the League, however, even that fails to capture him. He is essentially a new Slash, minus QB snaps.
Going higher in the guaranteed money may be the best chance the Packers have to sign him to more reasonable per year number. Either that, or add a bullshit last year on the contract to bump up the averages. The problem with that is that if you don't renegotiate, you have to cut him and then you don't get a chance for a comp pick. A higher guarantee isn't a huge risk for a player like Cobb.