Thread: Official Randall Cobb FA Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Patler, there isn't nearly enough here to prove ANYTHING. If he's talking to other teams, OF COURSE he will be asking for the moon. They will need to offer the moon to take a WR away from a title contender with a HOF caliber QB.

I'm sure Green Bay could keep him for less than $12M a year. That isn't the question. The question is how much is Thompson willing to pay...and my guess is not much more than $8M.

If other teams are offering $12M and Thompson is offering $8M+...then Cobb is gone. He ain't taking that much of a haircut to stay in Green Bay.
    when are you guys going to realize that people like you have been saying for years that "the cap just jumped (this much) so we should expect "x players" salary to go up "this much". yet it never does

all it means is that the top 1 or 2 guys from each team are gonna make a lot more and teams will continue to roll over record sums every year

and just because 12 million might be the new 9 million, doesn't mean we should invest that much money in a position made by the QB

is it just pure luck that every WR we've drafted since a-rod has been starter has turned in to something special, or at least not a bust?

and i call BS on the premium for being younger. jennings was still well in his prime when he got paid, with plenty of good years left. a team giving jennings a 4 or 5 year deal at 29 is gonna expect the same kind of production as they would cobb to get over the next 4 or 5 years at 24.

its not like jennings was 33 and could hit the wall any year now
    Last edited by red; 03-02-2015 at 06:08 PM.