Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Randall Cobb FA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    I honestly value Bulaga more than Cobb anyways. TT has proven to have a difficult time finding quality olinemen. Its been ten years since we had this good of an oline. Without Cobb we still have Nelson, Adams, Abbredris, and Janis. I would much rather keep the starting oline together so I'm more worried about losing Bulaga.
    I have to agree. It will be disappointing to lose Cobb but IMO protecting The Franchise is a bigger deal. We won't win squat without #12 but we can replace Cobb a little easier.

The cap number is not determinative in FA for contract prices, but it definitely is determinative for setting the level of guarantees you can expect to negotiate for if a franchise tag is in the offing.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I do not recall saying Thompson was unreasonable. I did not say reports are not to be believed. Do you actually read my posts?

I said Thompson may be stingy or unwilling to pay what a fair market price (for Green Bay) is for Cobb, which I noted as $9M a year. My opinion is that Cobb is being reasonable in his demands of Green Bay. I think Cobb would rather stay in Green Bay if the gap in pay wasn't significant to go elsewhere. I can't prove that...nor can anyone here prove the opposite at this time. We'll find out who is right after the fact.

I also did not mention that any recent report was erroneous. If anything, I said that the $12M number probably would be what Cobb was asking of a limp dick franchise like Oakland or Jacksonville. I doubt he would leave Green Bay to go somewhere like that for an extra million a year. For all any of us know, the $12M was a leak from the Raiders hoping to get Cobb to free agency.

You are right, EVERYONE is posturing. That doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on the posturing.

Cobb is simply posturing.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    Without Cobb we still have Nelson, Adams, Abbredris, and Janis.
    This is not an argument for letting him go IMO. This is an argument for signing the man.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Arent we 33 Million below the cap? Even with resigning guys we have a TON of cash for a top ILB, Slot WR, TE and NT.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...artner=ya5nbcs

florio thinks the packers should let him walk

he thinks he'll go to the raiders. you'd think after signing james jones last year that they would figure out by now that a-rod makes his wr's better, not the other way around

you think NE fans wanted to see welker get away? I'm sure they were lamenting edleman and what's his face, but in the end welker is probably done and NE has a SB trophy. Love Cobb, but WR, especially slots are a dime a dozen......abbawhatever can play in the slot and the other 2 will just get better.....

If a team wants to pay Cobb $12M then he's gone and I wouldn't want him at that amount. I'm still holding out hope they can get something around $9M. The thought of going into the season with Adams/Janis/Abbrederis as the #2-4 WR has me terrified.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA View Post
    you think NE fans wanted to see welker get away? I'm sure they were lamenting edleman and what's his face, but in the end welker is probably done and NE has a SB trophy. Love Cobb, but WR, especially slots are a dime a dozen......abbawhatever can play in the slot and the other 2 will just get better.....
    Welker was also lots older than Cobb. So while there's a parallel (regarding HOF QBs throwing to slot WRs), it falls flat soon after.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Perhaps there's someone who will keep Randall from leaving Green Bay.

COME ON!!!!

can't we find a hot white chick with bigger tits to help keep our athletes in town?

no wonder why so many of our free agents are leaving town

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    COME ON!!!!

can't we find a hot white chick with bigger tits to help keep our athletes in town?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    COME ON!!!!

Yeah, she's like a 6/7 at best? These guys can all pull 10s.

yeah

we make her the packers yoga instructor, and we never lose a black free agent again

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It doesn't appear that she is actually IN Green Bay.

She'd make me want to visit Green Bay though...even in the middle of winter.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Bill Huber at Packer Report says he has a source confirming that the Raiders are considering an offer to Cobb for $11 million per year. No other details.

http://gnb.scout.com/story/1523353-t...O0fhSg.twitter

The word consider in his article is doing a lot of work.

But Packer Report has learned that at least one team is prepared to offer him $11 million per season.

According to a league source, the Oakland Raiders — led by former Packers director of player personnel Reggie McKenzie — are considering offering Cobb a blockbuster deal.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Would you rather have 4yr/$36m from Green Bay or 4/$44m from Oakland?

California State Income Tax, Alameda County Income Tax, Oakland City Income Tax

v

Wisconsin State Income Tax, Brown County Income Tax, Green Bay City Income Tax

Anyone want to slide on the gumshoes here?

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    It doesn't appear that she is actually IN Green Bay.

She'd make me want to visit Green Bay though...even in the middle of winter.
    All I can say is DAMN....

But alas, I could not get somebody that hot even in my prime, a man has got to know his limitations.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Would you rather have 4yr/$36m from Green Bay or 4/$44m from Oakland?

California State Income Tax, Alameda County Income Tax, Oakland City Income Tax

v

Wisconsin State Income Tax, Brown County Income Tax, Green Bay City Income Tax

Anyone want to slide on the gumshoes here?
    Good bye Mr. Cobb, it was nice having you on the team.

According to McGinn, the Packers have been trying to get Cobb signed for the last 6 months, and have offered 5 years averaging $8-9 million.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...294947891.html

Interesting comment from McGinn:

Cobb spends an inordinate amount of time in the Packers' training room receiving treatment just like he did at Kentucky.