Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Randall Cobb FA Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If I were Cobb I'd wait and check to see what the market is for me. If some team offers him #1 WR money ($11m+) he's gone. I'd love to know what we offered him that he feels isn't sufficient.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Cobb is gone. No way the Pack spend more than $8 mil.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

The cap number is not determinative in FA for contract prices, but it definitely is determinative for setting the level of guarantees you can expect to negotiate for if a franchise tag is in the offing.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Arent we 33 Million below the cap? Even with resigning guys we have a TON of cash for a top ILB, Slot WR, TE and NT.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...artner=ya5nbcs

florio thinks the packers should let him walk

he thinks he'll go to the raiders. you'd think after signing james jones last year that they would figure out by now that a-rod makes his wr's better, not the other way around

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...artner=ya5nbcs

florio thinks the packers should let him walk

he thinks he'll go to the raiders. you'd think after signing james jones last year that they would figure out by now that a-rod makes his wr's better, not the other way around
    He lost me at 'standout season by Davante Adams'. He had a good rookie season, but ~500 yards is a long way from a standout season.

JJ did ok this season, btw. Catches and TDs were up from '13, other totals were down but didn't fall right off. Main stat that went the wrong way was YPC, which you can probably blame on QB play.

He's listed as having played all 16 games, but only starting 10, I don't get that.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Gamblin' Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    He lost me at 'standout season by Davante Adams'. He had a good rookie season, but ~500 yards is a long way from a standout season.

JJ did ok this season, btw. Catches and TDs were up from '13, other totals were down but didn't fall right off. Main stat that went the wrong way was YPC, which you can probably blame on QB play.

He's listed as having played all 16 games, but only starting 10, I don't get that.
    This is the Raiders. The team that needs to get younger and so they go sign MJD as a free agent. Then they start and play some combo of MJD & DMC all year while Latavius Murray sits on the bench.

At WR, I think they were starting Andre Holmes and Rod Streater ahead of JJ for a few games. Laughable!

you think NE fans wanted to see welker get away? I'm sure they were lamenting edleman and what's his face, but in the end welker is probably done and NE has a SB trophy. Love Cobb, but WR, especially slots are a dime a dozen......abbawhatever can play in the slot and the other 2 will just get better.....

Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA View Post
    you think NE fans wanted to see welker get away? I'm sure they were lamenting edleman and what's his face, but in the end welker is probably done and NE has a SB trophy. Love Cobb, but WR, especially slots are a dime a dozen......abbawhatever can play in the slot and the other 2 will just get better.....
    Welker was also lots older than Cobb. So while there's a parallel (regarding HOF QBs throwing to slot WRs), it falls flat soon after.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

If a team wants to pay Cobb $12M then he's gone and I wouldn't want him at that amount. I'm still holding out hope they can get something around $9M. The thought of going into the season with Adams/Janis/Abbrederis as the #2-4 WR has me terrified.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    If a team wants to pay Cobb $12M then he's gone and I wouldn't want him at that amount. I'm still holding out hope they can get something around $9M. The thought of going into the season with Adams/Janis/Abbrederis as the #2-4 WR has me terrified.
    If Cobb leaves, Boykin could reemerge. In the 10 games that he replaced Cobb in 2013, he had 46 receptions for 600+ yards. When Cobb returned at the end of 2013 and all of 2014, Boykin disappeared. It may just be that Boykin is a good slot receiver, but not good enough to beat starting CB's when lined up outside. Boykin is only 25 years old, and there's no reason why a guy who was a legit #3 in 2013 would be finished.

Perhaps there's someone who will keep Randall from leaving Green Bay.

COME ON!!!!

can't we find a hot white chick with bigger tits to help keep our athletes in town?

no wonder why so many of our free agents are leaving town

COME ON!!!!

can't we find a hot white chick with bigger tits to help keep our athletes in town?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It doesn't appear that she is actually IN Green Bay.

She'd make me want to visit Green Bay though...even in the middle of winter.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    It doesn't appear that she is actually IN Green Bay.

She'd make me want to visit Green Bay though...even in the middle of winter.
    All I can say is DAMN....

But alas, I could not get somebody that hot even in my prime, a man has got to know his limitations.

COME ON!!!!

Yeah, she's like a 6/7 at best? These guys can all pull 10s.

yeah

we make her the packers yoga instructor, and we never lose a black free agent again

Bill Huber at Packer Report says he has a source confirming that the Raiders are considering an offer to Cobb for $11 million per year. No other details.

http://gnb.scout.com/story/1523353-t...O0fhSg.twitter

The word consider in his article is doing a lot of work.

But Packer Report has learned that at least one team is prepared to offer him $11 million per season.

According to a league source, the Oakland Raiders — led by former Packers director of player personnel Reggie McKenzie — are considering offering Cobb a blockbuster deal.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Would you rather have 4yr/$36m from Green Bay or 4/$44m from Oakland?

California State Income Tax, Alameda County Income Tax, Oakland City Income Tax

v

Wisconsin State Income Tax, Brown County Income Tax, Green Bay City Income Tax

Anyone want to slide on the gumshoes here?