Thread: Ron Wolf and the Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Ron Wolf and the Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Its Ron and Bill Polian along with Junior Seau, Jerome Bettis, Charles Haley, Will Shields, Tim Brown and Mick Tingelhoff.

WR jam is getting cleared with Browns election, just Andre Reed to go from 90s. Sean, Haley and Shields were must haves. Kinda surprised by Bettis. No idea on Tinglehoff.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...the-2015-class
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

WR jam is getting cleared with Browns election, just Andre Reed to go from 90s.
    Wasn't Andre Reed inducted last year?

No idea on Tinglehoff.
    As much as I hate to say this about a Viking, Tinglehoff's induction is long, long overdue. When I heard he was the veterans nominee, I was shocked, because if someone had asked me I would have assumed he was already in the HOF. More deserving than Jerry Kramer, in my opinion. Tinglehoff played for a long, long time, started every game of his career, and was a perenial 1st team All-Pro during the '60s. He was a great one.
    Last edited by Patler; 02-01-2015 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andre_Reed
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Its Ron and Bill Polian along with Junior Seau, Jerome Bettis, Charles Haley, Will Shields, Tim Brown and Mick Tingelhoff.

WR jam is getting cleared with Browns election, just Andre Reed to go from 90s. Sean, Haley and Shields were must haves. Kinda surprised by Bettis. No idea on Tinglehoff.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...the-2015-class
    Jerome Bettis, LOL. Maybe they'll let Ahman Green in next.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

As much as I hate to say this about a Viking, Tinglehoff's induction is long, long overdue. When I heard he was the veterans nominee, I was shocked, because if someone had asked me I would have assumed he was already in the HOF. More deserving than Jerry Kramer, in my opinion. Tinglehoff played for a long, long time, started every game of his career, and was a perenial 1st team All-Pro during the '60s. He was a great one.
    LB Junior Seau was pretty much every analysts check mark to get in this year. 12 pro Bowls and eight 1st team All Pro Teams pretty much gets you to the Hall. Chip in the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award, 1990's All Decade Team and San Diego chargers #55 retired. Junior Seau was a lock. Junior Seau's two young sons represented the Family. That's another sad story.

This part of last nights show (the latest NFL HOF Inductees) along with the coverage on the Walter Payton Award. Nominees Anquan Bolden and Aaron Rodgers - 2014-15 Season NFL MVP and the winner Thomas Davis and his fantastic story. These were the highlights for me.

How did Thomas Davis ever manage to get into the NFL coming from such a disadvantaged background?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...an-of-the-year

On the NFL HOF Inductees. What incredible emotion and respect. IMO above all else; all the records the championships and Super Bowls. This is where it's really at. Today there are less than 300 NFL HOF members. It's incredibly difficult to join this extinguished class of NFL players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_Tingelhoff

Mike 'Tinkle' Tinglehoff born May 22, 1940 (age 74) 'a Center' - Minnesota Vikings 1962-78.

Minnesota Vikings #53 retired. Six Pro Bowls 1964-69. Five time AP 1st Team All-Pro selection (1964-66 1968 & 1969); 1× AP 2nd Team All-Pro selection (1967); AP First-Team All-NFC (1970)

He's but 74 years old and looked rough to me. Playing football takes a lot out of some men.

I was happy for WR Tim Brown It was the fifth year in a row that he was named a Hall of Fame finalist - Heisman Trophy (1987); '9 Pro Bowls'; NFL 1990s All-Decade Team. A 17 year career. Nine consecutive seasons 1993-2001 with 1000 receiving yards or more. When Tim Brown retired (2004) he was second 'only to Jerry Rice' on the All-Time receiving list. He's sixth now.

This new HOF member was amazing.

Will Shields (OG) Kansas City Chiefs (1993–2006).

Except for one game in his Rookie year Will Shields started every game of his career and was chosen for twelve consecutive Pro Bowls from 1995-2006. That's amazing.. Will Shields 223 consecutive starts is the fifth best in NFL history.

DE/OLB Charles Haley's made it after five tries. Haley's 13 year career can best be remembered by the fact that he's the only NFL player in history to be part of five Super Bowl winning teams.

Notable players who have won four Super Bowls are HOFer Joe Montana, Bill Romanowski, Adam Vinatieri, HOFer Ronnie Lott, Matt Millen and HOFer Terry Bradshaw.

Jerome Bettis got in after five years of being nominated. He has a long list of strong credentials in his NFL Career resume.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Bettis

Of course we're happy that Ron Wolf joined Bill Polian getting into the HOF as Contributors.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-01-2015 at 12:40 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

Mike Tinklehoff ....
    Tinklehoff, lol. That's what we used to call him as kids.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

My bad. Then the WR jam has been cleared and a new era of WR performance has been accepted.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

So, when does Sterling Sharpe get the call. Hell, they just let Jerome Bettis in.

I'm surprised at the negative comments about Jerome Bettis. He's 6th all-time in rushing yards and 10th all-time in rushing TD's.

Anyone else feel that Bob Harlan, rather than Wolf, is more deserving of HOF?

I know the HOF is even less well targeted at Administrative Management/Owners than GMs, but Harlan was the one who solved the Exec Committee meddling and got Wolf hired.

That is the story I would like to read. Judge Robert Parins takes a lot of heat (he is all over local coverage as the man who prevented Wolf from being hired the first time), but he was backed by the Exec Committee that was also famous for its meddling. I somehow doubt it stopped when Parins retired/left. Harlan ascended to the top, but how did he convince them to be hands off?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...m-hall-of-fame

Pace, Harrison snubbed from Hall of Fame

By: Gregg Rosenthal ... Around The NFL Editor

Published: Jan. 31, 2015 at 09:15 p.m. ... Updated: Feb. 1, 2015 at 12:39 p.m

" Voters often reward long periods of consistency over shorter stretches of true brilliance. Harrison makes no sense as a snub, though, because he combined "elite" play with great longevity. He was consistently a top-five receiver in the NFL; (Tim) Brown was not. "

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...m-hall-of-fame

Pace, Harrison snubbed from Hall of Fame

By: Gregg Rosenthal ... Around The NFL Editor

Published: Jan. 31, 2015 at 09:15 p.m. ... Updated: Feb. 1, 2015 at 12:39 p.m

" Voters often reward long periods of consistency over shorter stretches of true brilliance. Harrison makes no sense as a snub, though, because he combined "elite" play with great longevity. He was consistently a top-five receiver in the NFL; (Tim) Brown was not. "
    Fairly or unfairly, Marvin Harrison has been linked to three or four shooting incidents. He admitted to owning a gun that ballistic tests have linked to one of the shootings. One of the plaintiff's who sued Harrison over one of the shootings was later shot again near Harrison's bar, and died several weeks after the shooting. Just last summer, Harrison was shot at after he claims to have rescued a guy being chased at 3:00 am.

I'm not sure the NFL is anxious for Harrison to be voted into the HOF.

As for Brown getting in, I suspect he was given credit for being a punt returner as well, and for doing as well as he did with about a dozen starting QBs during his career, including Marinovich, Hostettler, George, etc. Anyone think he might not have had much, much better stats with P. Manning throwing to him?

Anyone else feel that Bob Harlan, rather than Wolf, is more deserving of HOF?
    No. Wolf has accomplishments other than GB. But so long as the HOF has execs, Harlan is certainly very deserving. He should be in there, I just think the "busts" should be reserved for the guys who played the game.

Fairly or unfairly, Marvin Harrison has been linked to three or four shooting incidents. He admitted to owning a gun that ballistic tests have linked to one of the shootings. One of the plaintiff's who sued Harrison over one of the shootings was later shot again near Harrison's bar, and died several weeks after the shooting. Just last summer, Harrison was shot at after he claims to have rescued a guy being chased at 3:00 am.
    I think the HOF committee frowns on these kinds of inaccurate shootings. If he were truly HOF material, people would be getting killed with single bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I think the HOF committee frowns on these kinds of inaccurate shootings. If he were truly HOF material, people would be getting killed with single bullets.
    Maybe they prefer that the players use knives instead of guns. OJ remains in The HOF, and Ray Lewis probably will be in soon. (I know, I know....both were "innocent".)
    Last edited by Patler; 02-03-2015 at 01:07 PM.

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...packer-raiders

Ron Wolf could receive Hall of Fame ring during Packers vs. Raiders

By Jason B. Hirschhorn  @by_JBH on Feb 3 2015, 11:00 AM

During his time with the Oakland Raiders Ron Wolf helped construct the rosters that would win Super Bowl XI and XVIII.

He was integral in the selections of HOFers Gene Upshaw, Art Shell, Howie Long and Marcus Allen.

Maybe they prefer that the players use knives instead of guns. OJ remains in The HOF, and Ray Lewis probably will be in soon. (I know, I know....both were "innocent".)

I... didn't do it. - Well for sure ...

I ... didn't do It !