Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Now we have Textgate ! The bad bad 'Ray Brown' Browns

Now we have Textgate ! The bad bad 'Ray Brown' Browns

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-be-suspended/

Textgate: Browns may lose a draft pick, Ray Farmer may be suspended

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 4, 2015, 12:25 PM EST

"...multiple league sources say a suspension, a draft pick forfeiture and a fine are all on the table as the NFL investigates whether team executives texted the coaching staff during games to suggest play calls. "
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    You would think that texts from the executives would get them an extra draft pick, out of sympathy.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Why is this illegal? Can someone explain this? The rationale seems to be very stupid to me.

Well, I guess if they're watching the TV feed they could pick up something. Are coaches in the box allowed to watch the national feed?

The Browns got help from upstairs on the offensive play calling? No harm, no foul.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Why is this illegal? Can someone explain this? The rationale seems to be very stupid to me.
    I think they just don't want players and coaches sending a receiving texts during games...probably for lots of reasons.

Blog Entries
    I'd think the owner, Haslam, is involved somewhere in this.

He's shown that he's clueless and this sounds like a megalomaniac is involved.

Farmer seems like he is somewhat savvy, Haslam needs to sell this club and work on keeping his ass out of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    I'd think the owner, Haslam, is involved somewhere in this.

He's shown that he's clueless and this sounds like a megalomaniac is involved.

Farmer seems like he is somewhat savvy, Haslam needs to sell this club and work on keeping his ass out of jail.

He accomplished the latter already I believe and I agree with you on the former.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    too many gates: first we have Sapp with tailgate, and now this.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Heh. tailgate.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm of the same mind. So the fucking bosses are telling their fuckup employees what needs to be done, how is that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    too many gates: first we have Sapp with tailgate, and now this.
    Don't forget about Noisegate in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I'm of the same mind. So the fucking bosses are telling their fuckup employees what needs to be done, how is that bad?
    Coaches are not supposed to get info from filming/broadcasting the game during the game. They get their info from their players, eyeballs, coaches in the skybox and camera stills.

Others at the stadium can be watching TV or any other recording device the home team has setup, including unalduterated sound if they want it which might prove a very useful tool, putting the road team at a disadvantage.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Coaches are not supposed to get info from filming/broadcasting the game during the game. They get their info from their players, eyeballs, coaches in the skybox and camera stills.

Others at the stadium can be watching TV or any other recording device the home team has setup, including unalduterated sound if they want it which might prove a very useful tool, putting the road team at a disadvantage.
    Am I ever glad all I've got is HD TV and satellite.... with great sound...the internet ... and Packerrats.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Heh. tailgate.
    yup. it's an open and shut case though.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post

I don't think they want players and coaches getting texts from anybody when the game is on.....gamblers texting somebody they bought on right when to pull the trigger to moron players texting dumbass things in the heat of battle. Simple rule, no texting on the sidelines period.

I suppose they could have said "except for GMs telling coaches what to call" but that makes enforcement even harder.

Not addressing your point but why the flying fuck would a GM be texting the OC with play call ideas anyway? Let's focus on that.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9384/ray-farmer

The Cleveland Browns 'could be subjected' to the following:

Fined and docked a draft pick, while GM Ray Farmer is facing a multi-game suspension as a result of "TextGate."

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Do we have to use "-Gate" for everything? Can't a scandal have an original name for a change?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

I wanted to text a picture of Sherman and his arm to the Packer's coaching staff.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Do we have to use "-Gate" for everything? Can't a scandal have an original name for a change?
    I'm not sure these all qualify as scandals either. Infractions with consequences? Sure. Scandals? Nobody is terribly shocked. This isn't rocking the football world...
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.