Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Calf Watch

Aerodynamic Rat Starter

Calf Watch

Adam Schefter
    6 mins ·
    Packers QB Aaron Rodgers’ calf muscle has a slight tear in it in addition to be significantly strained, per sources, via @mortreport and I.

The injury is not expected to prevent Rodgers from playing in Sunday’s Divisional Playoff against the Dallas Cowboys, but it could impact how mobile and effective he is.

“There’s no question he will play, but there’s also no question he will not be 100 percent,” said one doctor familiar with the injury. “The question is whether he’ll be 95 percent or 50 percent.”
    The Packers are aggressively treating the injury, with the hope he can be as well as possible. Each person responds differently to calf injuries.

Green Bay held Rodgers out of practice on Wednesday and how active he is the rest of the week still is uncertain. He is scheduled to go through team drills today.
    What’s not uncertain is that Rodgers’ calf is not right heading into Sunday’s game, and now he will try to overcome it, just as he did in the regular-season finale to help beat Detroit.

Who the hell is leaking this detailed data. We don't need to give this info to the damn Cowboys.

Bottom line, Rodgers will not be at 100%, and will be at a high risk of aggravating it every time he plays. Expect the Packers to use shot gun almost exclusively, and expect Dallas to not even bother spying Rodgers unless they are close to the goal line.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Airin' Rodgers View Post
    Packers QB Aaron Rodgers’ calf muscle has a slight tear in it in addition to be significantly strained, per sources, via @mortreport and I.
    Can we please have some clarification on what the difference between a "strain" and "slight tear" is?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Can we please have some clarification on what the difference between a "strain" and "slight tear" is?
    There isn't and this is why this isn't news but regurgitated speculation.

They also missed that Rodgers believes two different areas of his calf muscle were affected (outside and inside).
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ground Rat
    well we can still run out of the gun. things can be modified to work.

Run and Shoot baby!

#houstonOilers

pbmax hit it on the head. A strain is a tear, strictly speaking. Would be nice to build a lead against Dallas to get Rodgers some rest... I don't see it happening, though...

Packers QB Aaron Rodgers returned to the practice field for the first time since re-injuring his calf on Dec. 28 against Detroit, and during the team’s 11-on-11 work on Thursday, he took 50 to 60 percent of the snaps, according to Mike McCarthy.

“Aaron practiced in the team periods. He looked good,” McCarthy said. “He went down and did everything we asked him to do today. It’s always a better practice when he’s out there."

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    There isn't and this is why this isn't news but regurgitated speculation.

They also missed that Rodgers believes two different areas of his calf muscle were affected (outside and inside).
    I know, but it seemed like an appropriate question given the re-regurgitation that is going on.

I think you left something important out of your signature. It is in need of some build up, some suspense: "C-..c-...c-....MOO!" It is only then that the moo has its full cathartic effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Packers QB Aaron Rodgers returned to the practice field for the first time since re-injuring his calf on Dec. 28 against Detroit, and during the team’s 11-on-11 work on Thursday, he took 50 to 60 percent of the snaps, according to Mike McCarthy.

“Aaron practiced in the team periods. He looked good,” McCarthy said. “He went down...."
    Well shit, that didn't take long....

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Go PACK

“Aaron practiced in the team periods. He looked good,” McCarthy said. “He went down on Olivia Munn."
    Feel better now?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Pics?
    C.H.U.D.

“Aaron practiced in the team periods. He looked good,” McCarthy said. “He went down and did everything we asked him to do today. It’s always a better practice when he’s out there."
    That seems good to me.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/287969831.html

Teammates notice Rodgers in QB's return to practice

By: Tyler Dunne of the Journal Sentinel

Updated: 4:33 p.m. Thurs. 8 Jan. 2015
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-08-2015 at 06:21 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Who the hell is leaking this detailed data. We don't need to give this info to the damn Cowboys.

Bottom line, Rodgers will not be at 100%, and will be at a high risk of aggravating it every time he plays. Expect the Packers to use shot gun almost exclusively, and expect Dallas to not even bother spying Rodgers unless they are close to the goal line.
    Adam Schefter... broke this news as we hear it now. What does it mean in any negative sense is IMO time related. MM is reporting that he had a good practise session today and that everything is on schedule and he's expected to start on Sunday.

What Adamk Shefter is reporting RE: the condition of Aaron Rodgers left calf muscle; was on Canada'a TSN (The Sports Network) evening news Thurs. Jan. 8, 2015.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Pics?
    http://m.eonline.com/news/612144/oli...m-see-the-pics

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Aaron has good taste.

I like Golden Retrievers myself.

I liked her in her G4TV days on Attack of the Show. I have no idea what she's been doing with herself since those times.

There's a lot of talk out there now and Aaron Rodgers calf injury.

Here's how I see it:

Aaron Rodgers will spend the first quarter feeling it out. The Dallas Cowboys will put pressure on him and try to drive him out of the pocket. The strategy will be to place stress on Rodgers calf.

From there it's a wait and see.

I hope that AR plays out of the shotgun and stays in the pocket. He takes his licks if and as that can't be avoided.

If he gets over confident after his calf warms up and he runs. I predict were going to see him limping or come out of the game.

That's not good so he has to be coached to stay as lose as possible 'in the pocket'. In that case his OL has to be really good. The Packers OL more so now in this game is a certain strong key for the Green Bay Packers to win this game.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Rodgers can run anytime he wants. MM has given him the red light.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!