Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What will Ted Thompson do about the ILB position in the Off Season?

I am not so sure TWill hasn't played his last game in GB unless he signs for less and I don't think he will. We drafted Hayward/House and I can see TT giving one or both a shot at starting, then drafting a DB for dime defense. The glaring hole in D is at ILB, and I think dropping Hawk & Jones is the right thing to do, regardless of who we have back as evident by whom was playing at the end of the year. Packers see even a sometimes bad Barrington as better than Hawk/Jones.

If TT can hold out late in FA for a ILB ala Charles Woodson in his career that's about the only FA pick up I see.

Has Raji played his last year...or will it be another one year deal at a good price?
    If you don't like me....bite me...
    ....want some, come get some!

House does not seem like a sure thing but the team seems to trust him. The reason Tramontana might return for a reduced price is that neither Hayward or Hyde seem ready to be outside corners.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    neither Hayward or Hyde seem ready to be outside corners.
    tru dat. But they might not get a reduced price on Twill. I'm betting they roll the dice on being able to pick up another outside corner in draft or rookie FA.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    tru dat. But they might not get a reduced price on Twill. I'm betting they roll the dice on being able to pick up another outside corner in draft or rookie FA.
    Some of the mocks seem to be betting on this.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    well unless he takes a decent pay cut, he's not worth bringing back IMO

he needs to be closer to the 6 million a year range, not 8.5-9.5 a year

If you look at the ages of the players we have that are up....Cobb, Bulaga and Twill; then throw in House....I think TWill is on the wrong side of 30.

He could be just the Odd Man Out.
    If you don't like me....bite me...
    ....want some, come get some!

I won't be surprized if Tamone Williams doesn't test the market.

I'll make a prediction:

TT will make him a fair offer and TW will see if he can't get more.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    well unless he takes a decent pay cut, he's not worth bringing back IMO

he needs to be closer to the 6 million a year range, not 8.5-9.5 a year
    No question. A contract of 6 million per year would still put Tramon in the 15-20 range as far as biggest contracts by cornerbacks. He did give up 8 TD passes this year, so I'm not sure he's be rated any high than that.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Right now there are no ILB with a first round grade. McKinney from Mississippi St. has some ability but isn't highly thought of as a first rounder, but things change with the combine and work outs. The Draft or I should say pre-draft babble is just that babble. Thompson is full of shit when he says he takes best available, he looks at best available need position. needs are at NT, ILB, CB, TE, WR.

Not sure it matters that much what Ted does personnel-wise... dunderdummy is still our DC - tough to overcome that.

We've had enough pieces on defense the last 2 years to make a serious run both years, and dunderdummy screwed us this year, and tortured us all of 2013 - he's such a liability that I don't think we can overcome his presence no matter what we do with the personnel.

That said, I think Barrington is a keeper - he showed enough to be pencilled in as the starter at one spot. We definitely need an infusion of youth and talent with a new starter and depth. Hawk and Jones need to go...

In the end, I doubt TT will do much in FA, and the draft is always a crapshoot - if a decent ILB isn't there early, we'll be stuck with throwing spitballs at 7th rounders again.

Think we keep Hawk, and it will be the same turtle approach from Ted. Same ol', same ol'... dunderdummy will invent new ways to embarrass us in the playoffs
    wist

So apparently Hawk had injury issues during the year, which Rodgers hinted at a few times. I wonder if Hawk would be agreeable to taking a pay cut to be a backup. I can't imagine any teams wanting him as a starter at this point.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...ove-bone-spurs
    Go PACK

I've heard of bone spurs before but know not how they affect someone.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I've heard of bone spurs before but know not how they affect someone.
    A bony growth that, can rub on tendons or muscles making it very painful to move at a joint. This could explain his lumbering gait and noticeable loss of speed and quickness this year.

brad jones released

That's not a surprise.

I think Hawk stays, at least until camp.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Not sure it matters that much what Ted does personnel-wise... dunderdummy is still our DC - tough to overcome that.

We've had enough pieces on defense the last 2 years to make a serious run both years, and dunderdummy screwed us this year, and tortured us all of 2013 - he's such a liability that I don't think we can overcome his presence no matter what we do with the personnel.

That said, I think Barrington is a keeper - he showed enough to be pencilled in as the starter at one spot. We definitely need an infusion of youth and talent with a new starter and depth. Hawk and Jones need to go...

In the end, I doubt TT will do much in FA, and the draft is always a crapshoot - if a decent ILB isn't there early, we'll be stuck with throwing spitballs at 7th rounders again.

Think we keep Hawk, and it will be the same turtle approach from Ted. Same ol', same ol'... dunderdummy will invent new ways to embarrass us in the playoffs
    Bullshit. Bostick follows the play and the Packers are in the Super Bowl and would have crushed the Patriots. Capers brought the D around towards the end, your hate clouds your vision.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Bullshit. Bostick follows the play and the Packers are in the Super Bowl and would have crushed the Patriots. Capers brought the D around towards the end, your hate clouds your vision.
    I feel the conflict within you; let go of your hate
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

You CANNOT TRUST DUNDERDUMMY. EVER!

No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    A bony growth that, can rub on tendons or muscles making it very painful to move at a joint. This could explain his lumbering gait and noticeable loss of speed and quickness this year.
    i was thinking about hawk the other day, didn't he lose a bunch of weight before this year or last year, so he could be quicker?

to see him moving so slowly this year, something had to be wrong, he's not old enough to be looking like ray nitschke hobbling down the field returning an int with two bad legs