Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: What will Ted Thompson do about the ILB position in the Off Season?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    dolphins just released Dannell Ellerbe

he was hurt almost all of last year, but in 2013 had 101 tackles a sack and 2 ints playing MLB

anyone seen him play? he use to be a raven. miami signed him in 2013 to a 5 year 35 million

he's 29
    I like Ellerbe. When I've watched Raven games, he flashed quite a bit. Good athlete; had been pretty instinctive in Baltimore; don't really know what his full issues were with the Dolphins - injuries of course, but did he underperform when he was on the field?? I didn't follow him in Miami.

He played pretty well for the Ravens. Is Miami running a defense substantially different than Balt.?? Was he asked to play a different style/responsibility that didn't fit his game??

Still, even not knowing all of his issues with the Dolphins, I liked him quite a bit when he was with the Ravens. If we got that player? I'd argue that is a huge upgrade over Hawk.
    wist

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I like Ellerbe. When I've watched Raven games, he flashed quite a bit. Good athlete; had been pretty instinctive in Baltimore; don't really know what his full issues were with the Dolphins - injuries of course, but did he underperform when he was on the field?? I didn't follow him in Miami.

He played pretty well for the Ravens. Is Miami running a defense substantially different than Balt.?? Was he asked to play a different style/responsibility that didn't fit his game??

Still, even not knowing all of his issues with the Dolphins, I liked him quite a bit when he was with the Ravens. If we got that player? I'd argue that is a huge upgrade over Hawk.
    Ellerbe was traded to the Saints today for Kenny Stills. Good thought though. I liked him in Baltimore too.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Ellerbe was traded to the Saints today for Kenny Stills. Good thought though. I liked him in Baltimore too.
    Good news for the Pack. Saints might now be one less competitor for ILB in the draft.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

What will he do in the offseason?

So far, cut one starter and one backup who made a lot for being so shitty.

Now he needs to find a couple replacements. I'd like to see him draft one early, but knowing TT, he'll draft one in, say, the fifth round. Then sign four UFA's.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Good news for the Pack. Saints might now be one less competitor for ILB in the draft.
    Might be true, but the chances of the Phins taking Kendricks seem to have taken a moderate bump...

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I vote for Mason Foster. I think he could be had for a bargain, and if he fits in, he'll get another deal. He's only 26. That said, it would be interesting how he compares to Lattimore. You'd think if they liked Lattimore just as much, they'd stick with him. I think a decision like this is coming. I think they need someone who has played, instead of just relying on all the remaining competition to be guys who have little or no pro experience.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingre...oster_greg.php
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan