Thread: Official 2015 Free Agency/Contract Extension Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Even if he agreed to come back at a team friendly price to continue his career, who would you take off the field at this point? Nelson, Cobb and Adams are the law firm. I don't know that there is room on the shingle for Jennings. I'm really excited to see what Abbrederis and Janis can do. Heck Myles White may have even improved. If you sign Jennings, then the young guys don't really get much of an opportunity. The draft is rich with receivers, and if the Packers find a young guy to come in an add to the competition level, I think that's more beneficial than bringing back a vet.

We need to sign a DL and possibly a CB first.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Even if he agreed to come back at a team friendly price to continue his career, who would you take off the field at this point? Nelson, Cobb and Adams are the law firm. I don't know that there is room on the shingle for Jennings. I'm really excited to see what Abbrederis and Janis can do. Heck Myles White may have even improved. If you sign Jennings, then the young guys don't really get much of an opportunity. The draft is rich with receivers, and if the Packers find a young guy to come in an add to the competition level, I think that's more beneficial than bringing back a vet.

Yup. There's only one ball and the guys we have are all already capable of producing more than they do, if only they'd get the ball more. Jennings is no good for this team at this point. Overpaid vet getting in the way of younger, cheaper producers. Now if Adams, Janis and maybe even Abby turn out to be stiffs then you could say they shoulda signed him but I don't think those guys will be stiffs. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post

He would be Freeman in the #4 WR role like he was in his second go around for Sherman/Favre. But that would commit you to some 5 Wide (to get Janis some snaps) and keeping 6 WR with both Magic and Janis doing the returning and special teams.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.