Thread: Official 2015 Free Agency/Contract Extension Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Day after the superbowl, there was a Seattle blogger on our local drivetime show speculating that Wilson and Lynch would probably do some kind of team friendly deal because they "knew they had the chance to do something special" in the next few years.

Yeah.

The point is that this is the second time I've come across some Seattle blogger pitching the kind of pie-in-the sky idea that you might otherwise see on a fan forum.
    I could see Wilson doing it, maybe Paul Allen gets him a summer internship with Microsoft.

But Lynch is already mad at the team. Unless he has no choice, and even as a RB he would seem to have a choice, I can't see him swallowing his pride again for a below market deal.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I could see Wilson doing it, maybe Paul Allen gets him a summer internship with Microsoft.

But Lynch is already mad at the team. Unless he has no choice, and even as a RB he would seem to have a choice, I can't see him swallowing his pride again for a below market deal.
    Marshawn Lynch is so mad at the Seattle Seahawks that he runs like crazy...scores TD like crazy rushing and via the pass?

He's so crazy mad at his team that he's clearly the top or a top two RB in the NFL He's really mad !

What can the Packers do to really piss of Eddie Lacy? Maybe that inverse psychology won't act the same.

Maybe Marshawn Lynch plays as incredibly good as he does? Because he does love his teammates and that's why he informs us that he does.

Seattle needs to understand their RB's commitment and the offer upgrade his salary for next season has been recognized as generous. Presently he'll make a salary of $5 M$ and receive bonus's of $3.5 M$ for a CAP hit of $8.5 M$. Add the offered increase of $5 M$ for next season and a contract extension is a strong incentive.

I believe this 28 year old RB will swallow (any pride issue?) to return for a real shot again at Super Bowl L.

There might be an issue with this. Marshawn Lynch is possibly over utilized where his body takes a lot of punishment. There's a life to think of after the NFL. It piss's off a lot of people that the NFL is dogging this man when he's one of the best things available to market the NFL. Why all the harsh attention? The NFL sickens me in regards to this mans rights to simply be himself. The NFL doesn't look good as the bully.

That aside...An extra $5 Million plus endorsements that's he's already worked hard for and at a cost to the NFL will pay for a lot of goodwill towards the underprivileged youth in Oakland (anywhere).
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-14-2015 at 01:12 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

The Packers issue and the ILB Position

Here are some of the better ILB's possibly available in Free Agency:

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2015ILB.php

There isn't much here that looks like a perfect fit yet I do think a look at Buffsalo's Brandon Spikes may be warranted. Buffalo may offer him another 1 year contract and sign him?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-b...randon-spikes/

Do you recall the way he played as a New England Patriot?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5762/brandon-spikes
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau