Thread: Official 2015 Free Agency/Contract Extension Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Report that Browns offered a 1st round pick for Sam Bradford http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...r-sam-bradford

Not clear whether it was offered to Rams or Eagles, but Chip Kelly had said he was offered a 1st round pick for Bradford.
    That'd be a fleece I think. That's the #12 pick. He may still make that trade if it's on the table and Mariota drops a few slots. Maybe Chip's already innovating but I don't see how Bradford's a great fit in that O. Defenses are just going to invite him to keep it every time and then punish him for it.

To lead a fast break offense you need a point guard who can dish the ball but he also needs to be able to take it to the hole himself when the other guys are covered up. Bradford ain't that guy I don't think.
    Last edited by vince; 03-17-2015 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    That'd be a fleece I think. That's the #12 pick. He may still make that trade if it's on the table and Mariota drops a few slots. Maybe Chip's already innovating but I don't see how Bradford's a great fit in that O. Defenses are just going to invite him to keep it every time and then punish him for it.

To lead a fast break offense you need a point guard who can dish the ball but he also needs to be able to take it to the hole himself when the other guys are covered up. Bradford ain't that guy I don't think.
    They also have the #19 pick, from Buffalo. Still a bad idea though. Of course, the last time the Browns had 2 1st round picks, they took Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden.

Blog Entries
    They also have the #19 pick, from Buffalo. Still a bad idea though. Of course, the last time the Browns had 2 1st round picks, they took Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden.
    That hurts. That was Homgren regime wasn't it? That's a lot of bust. I wouldn't want to throw Bradford on top.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    the last time the Browns had 2 1st round picks, they took Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden.
    #thefutureisnow

The Browns really enjoy drafting the "quarterback of the future" and an Impact Playerâ„¢ every year. And both typically fizzle before midseason.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck