Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
I don't think that will be necessary. TT will have the necessary cap room if he feels these players (Cobb, Bulaga, Williams) are worth the money it would take to sign them. There is a danger in restructuring contracts just to give you some temporary salary cap relief. See Arizona and Larry Fitzgerald. TT only asks players to restructure if they are not living up to their contract, as he did with A.J. Hawk a couple of years ago. In that case, Hawk took a pay cut.
What about Tom Brady helping out in that respect for the Patriots!?

Brett Favre restructured voluntarily as well.

Whatever it took (Favre) and takes (Tom Brady) to get to the best chance to win the Super Bowl !?

I look at Peyton Manning and how I'd handle him if I was his GM. Peyton Manning would 'only' return at a substantially reduced contract. I cannot imagine that the Broncos will cough up close to $20 million$ next season for a man that just overall hasn't cut it in the payoffs. Manning has only proven what has been there al along. He's a great regular season QB with max protection and he match's his ego with statistical results. Manning is desperate to play in 2015...I wouldn't be surprized to see the same desperation in 2016.....beyond. He doesn't recognize that his best legacy was cemented in the 2014 season and from here on out it'll likely be tarnish.

Then I look at the cost of Alex Smith to Kansas City and I recognize the comparative madness. How can Alex Smith personally justify being paid what? ($18 M$) next season. Where is his upside? Nowhere ! Kansa City needs another QB.