Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 Free Agency/Contract Extension Thread

I actually like Richardson. In the right situation I think he can start in the NFL.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

So Richardson was tendered at 1.5 mil and change and Oakland is giving him 2.5 and change. What's a million? I'll be surprised if TT doesn't match.

Blog Entries
    I could care less if we match or not; I'll just trust Ted on this one either way.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Unless they've soured on him for whatever reason, they have seen him through college free agency, making the team his first year, getting hurt and rehabbing a serious neck injury, coming back and playing. They seem to like this guy. Depending on where they think his ceiling is, it would be strange to see him through all they have and just let him walk, but they kept Lattimore around for a few years and just recently let him walk. I say they keep him.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I'm surprised about Richardson. His biggest asset, his long speed, is wasted in the NFL because he never really runs at full speed. I don't think Green Bay will match, but it's only 2.55, so they might.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Sean Richardson has signed an offer sheet from the Raiders. Another ST player could be gone.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 8m8 minutes ago
    #Raiders have signed Packers RFA safety Sean Richardson to an offer sheet, source said. Green Bay can match, but there is no compensation
    I started a separate thread about this.

Barclay signs RFA tender of 1.542 million. He will be an UDFA next season.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I think Barclay is a good get. He's better backup material than Sherrodhouse.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Packers re-signed Kuhn. No details yet.

Jarrett Bush is probably wondering if he's the sad little boy on the playground who no one picks for their team.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    What's a good gunner worth on this team? Probably not enough to hold off a promising rookie or 2nd year guy who can play on D too. Without Bush and House, they'll need to replace both gunners this year.

Dmitri Goodson as the new Jarrett Bush?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Jarrett Bush is probably wondering if he's the sad little boy on the playground who no one picks for their team.
    Several articles yesterday mentioned that Bush posted on Twitter that he is recovering from off season surgery. Might not be ready yet to meet with and workout for teams interested in signing him, including the Packers. One speculated that it could be related to his hamstring problem from last year.

Could be the end of his GB career, if not his NFL career. A free agent 31 year old special teams player won't be signed unless ready to go 100%, and will be soon forgotten if the start of his season is delayed for surgery rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Several articles yesterday mentioned that Bush posted on Twitter that he is recovering from off season surgery. Might not be ready yet to meet with and workout for teams interested in signing him, including the Packers. One speculated that it could be related to his hamstring problem from last year.

Could be the end of his GB career, if not his NFL career. A free agent 31 year old special teams player won't be signed unless ready to go 100%, and will be soon forgotten if the start of his season is delayed for surgery rehab.
    A 10 year career including a huge play to help win a Super Bowl for someone with marginal talent is pretty damn good.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Low Profile Rat Starter
    Dmitri Goodson as the new Jarrett Bush?
    Depends. Do most posters hate Goodson?

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    A 10 year career including a huge play to help win a Super Bowl for someone with marginal talent is pretty damn good.
    Not to mention the nearly $11 million he made during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by LP View Post
    Depends. Do most posters hate Goodson?
    Not yet. He needs to work on that part of his game.

He did sound ridiculously cocky in the article from the JSO. I am nurturing a seed of dislike already.

KYPack

Not yet. He needs to work on that part of his game.

He did sound ridiculously cocky in the article from the JSO. I am nurturing a seed of dislike already.
    Add that to a spate of penalties and red will be right with you.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

What kind of surgery did he have?

banjo signed his tender today, so he's back