Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: Official 2015 Free Agency/Contract Extension Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    A 10 year career including a huge play to help win a Super Bowl for someone with marginal talent is pretty damn good.
    its amazing that someone that un-talented could have an nfl career that long

and "marginal" is giving him more credit then he deserved for most of his career

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    banjo signed his tender today, so he's back
    Sure took his time. I guess he was just stringing TT along.

No, I'm pretty sure marginal is exactly the right term to describe Colledge.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    No, I'm pretty sure marginal is exactly the right term to describe Colledge.
    Colledge had Hawk-like availability
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

No we just need to get Bush signed up, and ST will be all set. No more fuggups like the one in Seattle that helped cause the loss.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    No we just need to get Bush signed up, and ST will be all set. No more fuggups like the one in Seattle that helped cause the loss.
    yeah, cause bringing all the same players back is a great way to improve

well except "shitbag, ball off the face because i don't want to block" bostick

Hawk, Jones, Lattimore, House and TWill are gone as well. There will be a lot of new faces on ST in if Bush returns.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rich coming from the guy who bbitches when TT doesn't re-sign guys.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

oh, i'll bitch no matter what TT does

but thats just because i feel I'm smarter then he is

oh, i'll bitch no matter what TT does

but thats just because i feel I'm smarter then he is
    We're all smarter after a few beers.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    In the NFL, that all depends on ceilings, years of experience, position on the team. TT/Stubby teams often improve dramatically by bringing back 'the same guys' because they have another year of experience under their belts. You're probably glad they brought back Rodgers after 2008, right? Nelson after 2010? etc.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    We're all smarter after a few beers.
    then you can just emote. Saves you from all the pain of 'thinking.'
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Doesn't specifically apply to Bush, though I agree with the logic. He's on the wrong side of 30. Maybe he can still contribute on ST for another year, but better to cut ties a year too soon than a year too late.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Does it mean anything that he's not signed back yet? Did they move on from JB, or are they waiting until after the draft? Nobody else seems to be in a hurry to sign him either. Perhaps they told him to go looking and see what he and his agent could come up with.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Does it mean anything that he's not signed back yet? Did they move on from JB, or are they waiting until after the draft? Nobody else seems to be in a hurry to sign him either. Perhaps they told him to go looking and see what he and his agent could come up with.
    Usually needs to pass a physical. Unless you are Peyton Manning.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Not going anywhere, honestly. If we cut ties, his best hope is for a vet min contract somewhere. Bush would definitely prefer to stay in Green Bay where is (relatively) established.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Except I don't think the Vikings want the contract either. So it might behoove all parties to restructure and agree to a trade if its possible to reduce the damage to the Viking's cap and AP's pocketbook.
    Wrong and right again. I should run for mayor. More money upfront, team can kill the deal earlier. Everyone wins except the kid who got an All-Day jersey for Christmas.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 6h6 hours ago
    Adrian Peterson's new deal has a $44 million base value over three years, forces early decisions in 2016-17 http://wp.me/p14QSB-9Oad

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Wrong and right again. I should run for mayor. More money upfront, team can kill the deal earlier. Everyone wins except the kid who got an All-Day jersey for Christmas.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 6h6 hours ago
    Adrian Peterson's new deal has a $44 million base value over three years, forces early decisions in 2016-17 http://wp.me/p14QSB-9Oad

Essentially it makes him happy. Vikings win because they can cut him next year with no dead money, Peterson wins because as PFT said, it forces the decision at the beginning of free agency which is to his benefit.