Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 Free Agency/Contract Extension Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    i ead that the McCoy trade can't go down until next tuesday - is that right?
    Yup.

This weekend should be nutso.

Some teams have to unload a ton of salary before then.

Brandon Marshall is on the move to the Jets for what looks like a 4th or 5th round pick....Cutler to Geno....Garbage to garbage
    Go PACK

Rumor in Philly right now is if Mariota drops to #6, the Jets will take him and trade him to Philadelphia. No details, but "speculation" is Jets would get Philly's 1st rd, Nick Foles and another player, plus, possibly Phillys first rounder next year and/or more picks this year or next year.

Philadelphia Eagles = University of Oregon East

looks like the market for bulaga is really heating up

most consider him the best tackle available and a lot of teams need one

looks like he's gonna test the market and get a huge deal

The lack of action on Bulaga would seem to signal they haven't given up on Cobb yet.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bears trade Marshall to Jets for 5th round pick. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...rshall-to-jets

seattle also just re signed lynch

and released TE zach miller and DT jesse williams

whats up with williams? he's a guy i really like coming out of college for a NT

lynch just got 31 million for 3 years. a lot of money for a RB these days

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 44m44 minutes ago
    So much for depressed RB market; LeSean McCoy gets $10.25M, Marshawn Lynch gets $12M, Vikings begging Adrian Peterson to take $12.75M.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 40m40 minutes ago
    So what does someone offer DeMarco Murray during the three-day tampering period?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 44m44 minutes ago
    So much for depressed RB market; LeSean McCoy gets $10.25M, Marshawn Lynch gets $12M, Vikings begging Adrian Peterson to take $12.75M.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 40m40 minutes ago
    So what does someone offer DeMarco Murray during the three-day tampering period?
    its tough with murray

was this year just a flash in the pan for him? he put up huge yardage, but he also almost had 100 more carries then the next closest guy in the nfl

we know AP, McCoy and lynch are the real deals, they've done it for multiple years

we're not so sure about murray. i think he'll get paid, but i would be shocked and call it a mistake if someone pays him the same as those other 3

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    seattle also just re signed lynch

and released TE zach miller and DT jesse williams

whats up with williams? he's a guy i really like coming out of college for a NT
    There was concern about his knees, both because of an injury, and because he had very spindly legs for a person his size. The concern proved justified as he spent 2013 and 2014 on IR. He was originally considered a potential 1st round pick, and ended up sliding to the 5th round.

S Laron Landry, released last month by the Colts, has been suspended for 10 games in 2015 for PED. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-ped-violation

I predict this may adversely affect his market value.

Yeah, Jesse Williams' knees are not meant for football, sadly...

We will soon know the bottom for Bulaga's market as Doug Free (RT) is close to a deal with the Cowboys. He is a terrible at pass blocking but good in run blocking (might be vice versa) and is a notch below Bulaga in all areas except health.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ee-off-market/

The Cowboys have reached a three-year, $15 million contract with Doug Free, Todd Archer of ESPNDallas.com reported Saturday morning.
    Not even sure this is the bottom of Bulaga's market.

via PFT http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ith-doug-free/

Word is that if the Cobber leaves town, the Packers might have interest in a freshly released Harvin. He's only 26, but his career has fallen apart in the last two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Word is that if the Cobber leaves town, the Packers might have interest in a freshly released Harvin. He's only 26, but his career has fallen apart in the last two seasons.
    NO NO NO NO and NO

He'd come cheap and wouldn't factor into the comp pick equations. I'm skeptical myself. That's just what I heard.

Percy is a rich man's Randall Cobb in talent. He is also a giant asshole. I'll take him because he needs to keep his nose clean or no one will touch him. Reminds me of Raiders Moss to NE Moss (minus a whole lot talent of course)