Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 Free Agency/Contract Extension Thread

I have a feeling they'll re-sign TWill after he tests the market. Unless the Raiders sign him.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I have a feeling they'll re-sign TWill after he tests the market. Unless the Raiders sign him.
    That's the problem with the Wolf/Thompson tree having so many branches, lots of poachers for your more marginal contract cases.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Lots of good tid bits of information in this article:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...293110391.html

- House is highly regarded and could get $7M/year.
    - Packers have apparently opened discussions with House and Tolzien.
    - House would like to stay in GB, as would Flynn

....and for you Badger fans, Rob Havenstein did very poorly in all of the drills.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 36m36 minutes ago
    Boykin is restricted free agent. RT @blakebaratz: I want to welcome #Packers WR Jarrett Boykin @BoyKinHeCatch to the @TeamIFA Family.

Boykin is doomed to join the Vikings.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packers have spent a lot of cash in the last year. Will have no trouble hitting the minimum cash spent in the CBA.

Jimmy /J.I./ Halsell ‏@SalaryCap101 1h1 hour ago
    Approx total cash to be spent over the next two seasons (2015 & 2016) for clubs to be compliant w 89% spending rule.

Stephen Jackson released by atl.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    Stephen Jackson released by atl.
    Remember when our GM was a moron for not signing him as a FA? 1250 yards and $7million later it seems he might have been right all along.

Justin Houston tagged by the Chiefs.

Suh is NOT tagged by Lions.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 12m12 minutes ago
    Broncos will place their franchise tag of WR Demaryius Thomas before today's 4 ET deadline.

A tag on Suh wouldn't have worked at all anyway. They would have had to pay him $27M. He likely wouldn't even consider a long term deal when he would have had $27M fully guaranteed for just a one year commitment. No reason to.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    A tag on Suh wouldn't have worked at all anyway. They would have had to pay him $27M. He likely wouldn't even consider a long term deal when he would have had $27M fully guaranteed for just a one year commitment. No reason to.
    The guarantee alone on the next long term deal would have been over $40 mil. They had to bail. PFT said they should have communicated this when negotiations broke down during the season. It does seem obvious now.

Do these numbers differ from earlier estimates?

Albert Breer via Wilde:

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1m1 minute ago
    Per source, salary cap is $143.28 million per team for 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

Here's the prevailing wisdom in Detroit, from an article in the Free Press:

"His [Suh's] presence tilts the field in a way that's hard to measure, and surely why the Lions brass strongly considered spending nearly $27 million to keep him for another year. They understand what they have in him.

They also know they have to do what it takes to sign him. Pay him what he wants. The Lions aren't building for the future. They are building for September, and that means finding a way to keep your best player."

This is the difference between the Lions and the Packers. They put themselves in this predicament by structuring Suh's last re-structuring so if he went to FA and the Lions tagged him they'd have to pay him 20% above the franchise for the year. Thus the 26 mill number.

They've also restructured Calvin Johnson and Matthew Stafford, pushing money into the future over and over. So those two are huge cap hits, and re-signing Suh would mean zero flexibility anywhere on the roster.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Dez Bryant tagged by Cowboys and Jason Pierre-Paul tagged by Giants.

Brad Jones signed by Eagles.

I claim premature, rehabilitated player evaluation qualifications.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    suckers

BTW, it should not go unremarked that the Packer Press continued its impressive streak of premature cutting of FA due to cap number in significant ways this year.

First, both Hawk and Jones were floated as possible casualties long before they were finally released this offseason.

But mainly, that Julius Peppers could not continue to be a Packer with a cap number around $12 mil and a salary of $9.5. In hindsight, calling this one was dumb, because it would have required you to believe Ted really did sign a vet to a year and and fakery contract.

Past winners of this award are Woodson, Harris, Pickett, Barnett, Driver and KGB, KGB, KGB, KGB and KGB.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2h2 hours ago
    Thus far official paperwork has been filed for franchise tags for D. Thomas, Dez Bryant, Jason Pierre-Paul and J. Houston. 4pm deadline looming others

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h1 hour ago
    Reportedly tagged so far: #Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas, #Patriots K Stephen Gostkowski, #Cowboys WR Dez Bryant, #Chiefs LB Justin Houston.

Well that worked out OK for Cobb. He and Maclin are only top WRs left.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    that might be an upgrade over Casey Matthews
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck